[FT] Benfica 3 - 3 Rangers (Goncalves 24og; Kamara 25; Morelos 51)

Gerrard not using subs to kill the game and the clock is criminal. Not his first offence in similar circumstances either. While I would have grabbed a draw with both hands pre-match, and laughed at a draw after 15 mins, to not close that out from a winning position is really poor and most Bears will be gutted at a draw with Benfica, which in itself shows how far we have come.

Dreadful that we didn't see that out as we were really very, very good after half-time in particular.

Unfortunately, a further mistake from Helander and poor game management from Arfield late on (and the manager who should have made more subs late on) cost us what what would have seen us into the next round.

However, important not to overreact and take the positive which is a draw away from home to Benfica.

Onto Hamilton on Sunday which is another must win domestic match!

1 minute ago, Tannochsidebear said:

and most Bears will be gutted at a draw with Benfica, which in itself shows how far we have come.

It does. We are a good team. Be we are good enough to see out a 3-1 win against 10 men. That is a huge advantage and ultimately we squandered it. Maybe I shouldn’t be but I’m annoyed that they couldn’t do a couple of basic things to see out the win after doing the hard bit so well. 

Such a dominant performance at their place and such poor goals to lose, especially the 2nd was hard to take. We would easily have agreed to win a point there would be okay before the game, but after watching that game only getting one is disappointing. Had hoped that we see Roofe or Itten from 70s min onward, but we got Arfield and the end product did not change. Could easily have been out of sight by then, but there you go.

No injuries, so off to the weekend and hopefully 3 points there.

Just now, Rousseau said:

It must be said, the sub we did make f*cked up. ?

I hope we take the disappointment into the league. 

It's easy to get complacent when we keep getting good results in Europe, I think.

Yes but Roofe for Morelos was an obvious one. He was tiring. Barker for Kent would have brought in fresh legs too.