[FT] St Mirren 3 - 2 Rangers (Goldson 7; Davis 88)

Poor collective peformance but not as surprising as some think.

The mileage on the clock, the constant starting XI  changes, etc., a slip-up was due and even likely at some point this month.

As SG says, it's how we react to it that is important.

You can see the narrative that is being prepared on the other side of Glasgow.

In the space of 4 days we go out of a Cup and they win one, serial losers/winners. They know how to win and expect us to slip up again soon, bla bla.......

We have a difficult run of fixtures coming up either side of New Year. 

The norm once a long run of wins come to an end is a blip over several games. We can't afford that and are fortunate to have an out of sorts Motherwell coming to Ibrox this weekend.  Therafter things get more difficult and it would be good to get Ryan Jack back playing asap.

Huge period coming up where the players will have to prove they have the various qualities needed to win a League title. 

Edited by buster.

I trust you've all had a good nights snooze and calmed down  , we got beaten we have to accept defeat graciously not like other teams now we get up get dusted down and get on with the main project winning the blinking league :rfc:

Good can and should come of it too. I thought the complacency was clear in the team selection and in the performance and work rate and that needs to go from

both management and players for the run of games we have coming up. Perth and Paisley are very difficult away days this season despite the fact they don’t look it on the face of it. 

Celtic will very likely win a trophy this weekend too and I think there’s a good chance that will cause them to become complacent again and believe that they will come good. 

I've been trying to temper expectations for a while.

I was worried we were getting ahead of ourselves. Nothing has been won yet. 

We will get these games; we'll get more of them before the season ends.

This is more of a scunner because it's a missed opportunity to win a trophy.

St Mirren are a bit of a bogey side for us. 

I think we should remain calm and direct blame to where it's deserved: @ian1964's bad juju posts. :D 

It was another game where SG's subs and their timing didn't work.

Kent and Itten weren't doing much and Bassey had a bit of a nightmare.  Waiting until the 82nd minute to bring Hagi on wasn't great.

I'm wondering whether Gerrard will win a trophy with Rangers.  This was probably the easiest chance, so far but we blew it again.

11 hours ago, CammyF said:

That's the worry, the momentum could swing back in their favour so quickly dependent on this weekend's results. 

'Momentum' but - even if (and that's not a given) they win their 2 games in hand they will still be 7 points behind us. They will have to beat us at Ibrox and then there is still 4 points.

What happpened to "We welcome the chase"?

43 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

It was another game where SG's subs and their timing didn't work.

Kent and Itten weren't doing much and Bassey had a bit of a nightmare.  Waiting until the 82nd minute to bring Hagi on wasn't great.

I'm wondering whether Gerrard will win a trophy with Rangers.  This was probably the easiest chance, so far but we blew it again.

The League Championship flag not do for you?