[FT] Aberdeen 1 - 2 Rangers (Morelos 33, 50)

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

Yup a horrible challenge from a horrible player. 

And another foul from Cosgrove and no card

We should have a Law similar to that in rugby, where persistent infringement by a side leads to a yellow card for the next player to transgress.

• Frankie changed the title to [HT] Aberdeen 0 - 1 Rangers (Morelos 33)

Absolutely shocking challenge from Main, should have been a red.

I must admit I don't know the rules well enough to understand if Hedges should have been red or yellow, does it depend on it being intentional? It's a stick on pen, but not sure it was intentional - although it was cute enough. Daft thing to do anyhow.

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

Best we have played in a while, some nice quick passing going on.

Terrific finish from Morelos.

Keep at it Rangers.

Agreed, which is satisfying.

We have been great from the 1st whistle and deserve to be winning, Sheep are very lucky not to be down to 9 men, defo red card, but I'm pleased with our approach to this match, just need to go out 2nd half and get another couple of goals. 

A well earned lead at half-time with some excellent football at times and only an extra goal or two missing.  Davis and Kent have been particularly good and Alfie has really got going as well after a slow start.

Aberdeen, of course, should be down to nine or even eight men with Main and Ferguson lucky not to be have been ordered off: the former for a disgraceful knee high challenge which I'd love Beaton to explain then Ferguson who should have had two yellows in quick succession but got off with at least one of them.  The rugby tackle on Kent was surely cautioned?

All about us now.  We need to maintain our discipline and take advantage of our extra man by scoring more.  Keep the door shut at the back and it's another three points.  Various players look hungry and sharp after a week's rest so they should be confident!

12 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Looking like our old selves today

And they are proving my point for me! We are playing well - and the result is taking care of itself. Especially in the SPL. Great to Alfie scoring with his left. If he can keep adding goals to his new-found link-up play we will want much more than £18m for him.