[FT] Rangers 1 (Hagi 52) - 0 St Johnstone

9 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

3 points not, a great showing,but still undefeated.

One thing I hope(?:whistle:) Roofe isn't taking lesson from Alf in training.

Regards this I see that Roofe is being blamed for Davidson possibly missing cup final, which to me is nonsense.From what I seen is that Roofes tackle got his LEFT LEG/FOOT and when watching treatment later to Davidson showed him being treated for a RIGHT calf muscle problem,so if I am right yet another miss-reporting by the media.

Davidson went down earlier in the match so I assume that was when he got injured, not the tackle which was a bad one and could easily have been another red card (as could Chris Kane's lunge late on which wasn't even a booking)...

36 minutes ago, Frankie said:

As said last night, I don't get this bizarre need to find exaggerated fault in one player's performance

I agree. But I don’t think @der Berliner‘s comment was overly critical, just a comment that he wasn’t involved much and someone else should have been brought on earlier. I didn’t see the game, but from extended highlights on Sportscene it I just commented that it did seem he might have had a point in that regard. Kent’s best performances are in games where the game is a little bit more stretched. I made a point of praising his performances at Aberdeen and Hibs recently due to the fact I can be seen as being constantly critical of him which I amn’t. I would prefer more of a horses for courses approach at times, but we are cruising to the title so there really isn’t room for much criticism at the moment. 

24 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

shows how hard we have had it as well. 

all the hard teams twice away before the split. 

will reverse next season or at least should. 

And if Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibz, Livingston & a.n.other make the top six how many do we get at home?

we’ll have already played them four away twice

1 minute ago, RANGERRAB said:

And if Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibz, Livingston & a.n.other make the top six how many do we get at home?

Happily, I don't think it's going to matter.

11 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

oh we will get 3 at home certainly. 

Will have it won by then but we will have to go to one or two of these teams a 3rd time. 

16 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I agree. But I don’t think @der Berliner‘s comment was overly critical, just a comment that he wasn’t involved much and someone else should have been brought on earlier. I didn’t see the game, but from extended highlights on Sportscene it I just commented that it did seem he might have had a point in that regard. Kent’s best performances are in games where the game is a little bit more stretched. I made a point of praising his performances at Aberdeen and Hibs recently due to the fact I can be seen as being constantly critical of him which I amn’t. I would prefer more of a horses for courses approach at times, but we are cruising to the title so there really isn’t room for much criticism at the moment. 

I don't think taking him off would have been the best idea in such a tight game.  Wright could have come on for his debut but that would have been a risk in terms of the industry Kent offers.  Zungu could have come on but then we wouldn't have had any support for Itten who was struggling anyway.

Like I say criticism is fine but D_B's comments were rather gratuitous and unfair in my view.

13 hours ago, CammyF said:

Kent was "just fine". Listen to coaching staff, every player has a specific role in the team and Kent is doing his job well. 

We are unbeaten in the league, 17 clean sheets, 23 points clear - if that doesn't show the players are doing "just fine",  then nothing will. 

The thought that we should just turn up, play amazingly and win 5-0 every week as an illusion and never happens. The objective is to win the game, we're doing quite well at that this season.

I'll take 1-0 wins every day of the week

See, I`m not arguing against any of that and the results and figures tell their own story. We perform, draw, lose and win as a team, as per usual. That doesn`t mean we can`t or shouldn`t change things that can be changed if they are not yielding the end products their role/slot "demands". Perhaps it was Kent`s job to stay "anonymous" for the best part of the 2nd half in terms of attacking display, but harass people and folk on his side and draw defenders away from the "hot spots". As soon as St. Johnstone went behind, they opened up and tried to play attacking football. And you would have hoped that that`s the time when our attackers find their spaces and use their qualities. In all honesty, I didn`t see much of that.

I know it is lamenting on a high level, we won, and all is fine. There still is a nagging feeling that the odd change might have eased the tension at the end quite a bit though.

@ Frankie ... nah, as I said above, it is not just black and white when it comes to opinions about players. I`m not exactly suggesting Kent needs to be chopped or the like. On the other hand, he should not be the sole exception even if he is not up to his game or his qualities are not "needed" at a given game. Some players seem to have that "untouchable" aura about him with supporters.

Edited by der Berliner

15 hours ago, Rousseau said:

It's not intentional from Roofe, he's simply trying to protect the ball.

That was my take on it from the initial viewing - however, unintentional as it may be, he is over the ball and high on the Saints player - it really should have been red.