Roofe gets a European 4 game ban, Kamara 3 games, Kudela the racist 10 games

Looks like the racist scumbag will serve no more of his ban this season. 

I didn’t think Slavia were that good, certainly not any better than Antwerp or Benfica or Liege, and it’s no surprise that they go no further in the competition and are getting thrashed by an utterly gash Arsenal team who I think we would have beaten with something to spare. I feel we really missed a big opportunity this season in the Europa, although I’m obviously delighted with how our season has gone overall (league cup disaster aside).

14 hours ago, craig said:

This is a good point which I don't think has, as yet, been answered.  If Kudela's ban includes international games then so too should Kamara's, considering both events took place in the same game.

According to the Guardian report:

Kudela’s ban rules him out of representative team competition matches, meaning he will miss Czech Republic games at the European Championship. Kamara’s ban covers only Uefa club competitions, leaving him eligible to represent Finland at the finals.

Ironically the Czech Republic national side are basing themselves in Edinburgh for the tournament so I wonder if Kudela would have travelled anyway. He's a first choice centre half for them currently so he'll be missed. He's had a strange career, he was in his 30s before making his international debut, his move to Slavia and their manager seem to have transformed him from a journeyman into a full internationalist. Shame he couldn't manage to be a normal human being at the same time. 

15 hours ago, craig said:

This is a good point which I don't think has, as yet, been answered.  If Kudela's ban includes international games then so too should Kamara's, considering both events took place in the same game.

Why should Kamara's ban cover European games when he was done for a totally different offence?

Anyway, UEFA's wording is clear(ish). Kudela was suspended for "ten UEFA club and representative team competition matches". Kamara was suspended for "three UEFA club competition matches".

The sheer hypocrisy of UEFA will be writ large when we get our next european fixture with fans in the stadium... guaranteed we will have lots of pre-match warnings that FARE will be in attendance and to be on our best behaviour.

3 hours ago, Yorkie Bear said:

According to the Guardian report:

Kudela’s ban rules him out of representative team competition matches, meaning he will miss Czech Republic games at the European Championship. Kamara’s ban covers only Uefa club competitions, leaving him eligible to represent Finland at the finals.

That is utterly ridiculous.  Typical stupidity from UEFA.  One ban has an impact on the player's country, who weren't involved in the incident or match in question at all, but all of that means that he will be available sooner for his club, who WERE involved in sad match (and, worse, his club actually made ridiculous statements defending him)….. the other ban, for the victim of racist abuse, sees him eligible for his country (which I am glad for Kamara;s sake) but his club are the ones who suffer as he is ineligible for games which could be pivotal.

UEFA couldn't organize the proverbial piss up in a brewery !

2 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Why should Kamara's ban cover European games when he was done for a totally different offence?

Anyway, UEFA's wording is clear(ish). Kudela was suspended for "ten UEFA club and representative team competition matches". Kamara was suspended for "three UEFA club competition matches".

Why should Rangers suffer more than Slavia for the actions of one of their players ?

I see what you are saying, and yeah it is a different offence.  But it just makes little sense to me that two offences that take place during the same game, see bans handed out which take effect in different tournaments and impact clubs and countries differently.