[FT] St Johnstone 1 - 1 Rangers (Wright 55)

• Frankie changed the title to [FT] St Johnstone 1 - 1 Rangers (Wright 55)

Haha - how on earth can any referee give a penalty for that? Anderson shouldn't be allowed to ref juniors nevermind SPL. Scottish refs are an utter joke. 

Anyway, 100 points still achievable as is our unbeaten league campaign

Edited by CammyF

That penalty was an absolute disgrace. Not the first incredibly soft penalty given against us. I know it’s a meaningless game but it annoys me, I want as high a points total as possible. 

Ridiculous refereeing but glad our manager seen the funny side as our reserves can't quite see out the game - Roofe should be fined for a silly shot from 70 yards when, if he'd kept the ball, we win.

But the ref continues to want some attention and gives a very, very soft penalty to allow Liam Craig to snatch a draw.

In any event, they had to put a lot into that game ahead of Sunday where we had the luxury to rest players but that is a shot across our bow for Sunday's cup tie.

3 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

He was looking to give them a pen!

Dunno how often the "handball" of Simpson was shown in replays, probably 5 to 6 times. That last thing there was no penalty, but he probably tried to made good on his earlier error. That said, I initially thought he had whistle for the foul on Goldson, who had a hand in his face.

Farcical then to give a free kick against Defoe who was doing absolutely nothing, then gets floored and gets nothing in turn.

No injuires, somewhat disjointed (Roofe was clearly unhappy with the passing and supply), but there you go. I reckon we will go differently about our business on Sunday, maybe todays mission was to wear them out.

1 minute ago, Frankie said:

Ridiculous refereeing but glad our manager seen the funny side as our reserves can't quite see out the game - Roofe should be fined for a silly shot from 70 yards when, if he'd kept the ball, we win.

But the ref continues to want some attention and gives a very, very soft penalty to allow Liam Craig to snatch a draw.

In any event, they had to put a lot into that game ahead of Sunday where we had the luxury to rest players but that is a shot across our bow for Sunday's cup tie.

I actually thought he did it rudgby-style and wanted to find touch near their corner flag.