An Achtung, Attention Alert!

14 hours ago, JohnMc said:

It's ironic, but Glasgow police were criticised in some quarters for not following the letter of the law when we won the league. Some wanted kettling, mass arrests, roads closed and forced dispersal. Glasgow police, sensibly I thought, pointed out that would have been disproportionate and that officers on the ground made decisions based on crowd and public safety and their feel for the mood and moment.

I'm surprised to see you're a critic of that approach. ?

I' m not a critic of that approach.

If I am a critic of anything, I'm a critic of differential application of the law. 

10 hours ago, CammyF said:

Where ever and what ever you are doing tomorrow to celebrate this wonderful achievement, enjoy it, savour it but most importantly stay safe. 

Some of our enemies thought this day would never arrive, they tried to destroy us, they failed. 

Glasgow Rangers Champions and the league trophy is FINALLY back where it belongs.

IMG_20210514_180219_590.jpg

No Willie Waddell? No Scot Symon? 

And, given the sentiment expressed, no Steven Gerrard?

Good effort; but must try harder. 

The same people supporting the gatherings during the week will doubtless be going tonto about today's gathering.

I support everyone's right to protest and celebrate.  

10 years we've waited for this.  10 years of humiliations, misery and shite.  Don't let anyone tell you how to celebrate - we all deserve today. 

Angela Haggerty's Tweet :

"I'm getting really annoyed with folk equating yesterday's anti-immigration protest with Rangers fans' right to public celebration. If the protesters had been drunk, smashed up a few benches, let off fireworks, Police Scotland would have thrown them a party. So there's a big difference".

If dearest Angela cares to look out her Tollcross window, she will see a large biscuit factory, 'McVities'. It's been there for 120 years, it employs 500 fellow East Enders. Current owners, Pladis announced they will close said factory next year with the resultant loss of jobs and standard of lives. I expect Angela to lead the protest against the closure, Palestinian flag in hand? If several hundred can fill the Pollokshields streets for two men in the gig economy exceeding their visas by in excess of a decade, then Tollcross should have several thousand stopping 500 being made redundant?

So far, Angela has Tweeted nothing about McVities, just like her fellow Nationalists, she doesn't do bad news.