[FT] Rangers 1 (Morelos 18) - 2 Malmo

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

Couldn't care less about the Europa League now. We need to get into the big one - and that means retaining the league. We need Jack and Kamara; I never realise how dependent we are on those two. Whoever we sell it should not be Kamara.

We had two priorities at the start of the season.  Win the league and progress as far as possible in Europe.  The priorities have not changed.

You're right about the importance of Kamara.  Sadly he will still be suspended in our Europa League qualifiers.  The chain of events that led to his suspension might prove to be very costly indeed.

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

And please can we get beyond lobbing endless crosses into a packed box? That's 3 games in a row we've persisted with this tactic. Ok we scored from a cross tonight but 1 goal out of about 50 crosses over 3 games is not a good hit rate. 

Quite.

Last season we saw some great passing and movement to break down defences.

Where has it gone?

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

Sod those 'fans' for leaving ten minutes before the end. I remember us scoring 2 in the last four minutes in 1969 v Athletic Bilbao.

I was inclined to leave early.  The outcome was obvious at 70 minutes.  As it happened I ended up staying until the end.

Did you stay in the stadium until the end?

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

Baffled by the decision to drop Helander for Balogun. Absolutely schoolboy defending from Balogun has cost us tonight and Gerrard has to take the blame for dropping our best man marker. 

The Malmo forwards are fast.

I might have mentioned this before but Helander is very slow.

Just home and that is a sore one to take. Started well, got into a lead, they had a man sent off and we were in the box seat. 2nd half started the same way as 2nd half did last week and we lose 2 terrible goals. Goldson and Balogun all over the place for the goals. 

The SPFL title was and is our No1 priority given it means automatic entry into the CL group stages and secured us circa £30M.

However we are 1 OF defeat away from a crisis and serious questions being asked of the managers and players. I have utter confidence that they can turn it around, but they are running out of time.

Roll on Friday ?

1 hour ago, gisabeer said:

I had a conversation with a mate pre season  and said our defence was no where near good enough for the Cl and that i did not rate tav  goldson and barasic as highly as the manager.  I have been proven correct.  I fear they had their swan song last season and as for barasic,  hes bang average.   Problem is theyre first team picks.

Not just those three, I wonder if this is a season too far for McGregor and Arfield. I also don't think that Balogun or Helander is the answer at LCB. We need better quality or I fear this season will be a big disappointment - not just in EL but domestically as well. 

Ive never been a fan of the 4 3 3 formation.   It got us so far in the Europa league but as soon as you come up against a certain level of opposition weve came unstuck.  Leverkusen schooled us ,  sparta prague mugged us and again tonight we got rolled over.  This season weve been weve been found out .   Livingston for large parts of the game contained us very easily forcing us out wide and soaking up the crosses.  A pattern which was very evident against Dundee utd and in both ties against malmo.   Were very predictable.   You can read us like a bloody book.  Is it too much to ask for a flexability from time to time?   Teams are shutting us down very easily and if we dont wisen up fast we will pay a heavy price.