Rangers Confirm Positive Covid Tests

5 hours ago, der Berliner said:

The problem might probably not be those with positive Covid tests, but those who sat next to them on the team bus et al, i.e. people who might have to isolate.

If they've been double jabbed and had a negative PCR test turn they don't have to self isolate.

If they haven't been double jabbed then serious questions have to be asked as to why not. 

The more worrying concern should be the knock on effect of this virus I like some of fellow posters will know of young fit people struggling after catching this horrid Chinese virus, breathing problems and fatigue be to very common symptoms. 

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

If they've been double jabbed and had a negative PCR test turn they don't have to self isolate.

If they haven't been double jabbed then serious questions have to be asked as to why not. 

Personal choice Bd....although i'd like to think like you and all have been D.D.

8 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

If those first group of names are true I think we can cope with the outfield players. The big problem would be the goalkeeper. McGregor has been outstanding against the tims over the last 6/7 games and McLaughlin is solid. Who would come in? Andy Firth. God forbid he is any potential 2nd group? 

McCrorie. 

There's a bewilderingly high number of professional sports people who won't take the vaccine. It seems to be a mix of 'I'm young and supremely fit so it won't affect me' and exposure to 'positive mindset gurus' from who they've entirely bought into 'I can overcome everything by staying positive and focussed' which of course is great if you're trying to knock 0.5 of a second off your personal best or coming up against the best midfielder in the league but is dangerous if you're facing a highly infectious virus. 

Anyway, I've no idea who many, if any, Rangers players fall into those categories, but it wouldn't be a huge surprise if some of them did. 

Aside from the likely disruption to our team for two important matches this also has potential ramifications as the transfer window nears closing. I assume a player with Covid would fail a medical at another club if they were even allowed to travel for one. Likewise a Covid outbreak at Auchenhowie might make bringing in a player a challenge too.