[FT] Rangers 5 (Morelos 11', 64'; Kamara 72'; Arfield 75'; Sakala 84') - 0 Hearts

We shouldn't get ahead of ourselves. The mission right now is just to stay in the fight and hope their momentum lapses, as it surely will at some point. Right now they're feeding off our stumbles - we need to stop that, starting today. Personally, I hope for the best but expect slightly less than that. As I said earlier, if we don't see the right reaction within the first ten minutes then I think we'll have pretty clear indication of where this season is going.

I'm quite happy that Bassey is getting a run at LB; it's well-deserved.

It looks like a 4-2-3-1, with Jack and Lundstram sitting. It looks solid, with either/or having the ability to break forward. 

Kent will be playing on the left, which leaves Arfield and Aribo for the other spots. Aribo playing wide, maybe? I'm not sure about that, though. 

Unless it's a completely different formation?

11 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Willing to give the players a chance, but not the team we were expecting. At last it looks like Aribo will be further forward. We have options on bench now as well.

IMG-20220206-WA0002.jpg

Diallo not listed so I guess there's a fitness issue there. Otherwise it's definitely an improvement on recent weeks with a more solid midfield supporting a better back line. At last GvB seems to be accepting that the first prerequisite of winning is not losing. He's also got options where to bring on Ramsey for, depending on the score situation. Is that a 4-1-4-1 or 4-2-3-1?

Edited by Bill

1 minute ago, Bill said:

Diallo not listed so I guess there's a fitness issue there. Otherwise it's definitely an improvement on recent weeks with a more solid midfield supporting a better back line. At last GvB seems to be accepting that the first prerequisite of winning is not losing. He's also got options where to bring on Ramsey for, depending on the score situation. Is that a 4-1-4-1 or 4-2-3-2?

*cough* Amad *cough*

5 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

*cough* Amad *cough*

Oops

Heavy emphasis on midfield on the bench - which is probably telling us something.

Edited by Bill

• Rousseau changed the title to [Pre-Match] Rangers v Hearts
15 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

At home against Hearts and we pack the midfield for a wrestling session ... 

... one striker, one guy who can`t do no wrong and not even a realy right-sided attacker.

This will be fun.

Unfortunately for us the player who can't do wrong is also the best player in the league by a mile when he's on it. He can also create and score out of nothing. It's why successive managers continue to select him

I continue to be amazed at the easy ride Goldson gets. He continues to cost us goals, the shitbag on show at the bheasts second and decisive goal was worthy of much more discussion in the post mortem than it got. 

He gives a good chance to the opposition at least once per game, yet remains undroppable. I know we have been short of CHs recently but he’d be first out the team as soon as we get players back. 

He has proven conclusively that his form of last season was a shop window job and if he was 10% as good as he thinks he is we would have given him a new contract