[FT] Rangers 2 (Tavernier 5' Pen; Morelos 57') - 0 Hibernian

13 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Fair shout for MOTM, however the Buff was mine, the guy is on fire just now!

Yeah, Alfie was outstanding again, just thought Lundstram done the nasty / dirty stuff that allowed our football players to go and express themselves.

Was between Alfie and Lundstram for me and plumped for JL but could have easily been Alfie. 

Just in from game another good 3 points and some good play especially Alfie and Lundstrom.

As previously said refereeing get steadily worse which I thought could not get worse than the Hobbit.

Amazing how often they left a boot in yet we get a yellow first.

Decent performance.  Still concerns about the defence, particularly with Balogun's departure.  Morelos was great again.

That Jasper clearly tugged Kent's shirt with no punishment and then went on to commit at least another two clear fouls, with no card forthcoming.

Scottish refereeing is so poor/inconsistent.  

As for Porteous' spot of breakdancing after a 50/50 with Arfield - that boy really is a complete fanny.  

• Rousseau changed the title to [FT] Rangers 2 (Tavernier 5' Pen; Morelos 57') - 0 Hibernian

Morelos, Lundstram and Kent were good today. Kent needs to improve his finishing and he would be top tier on a performance like yesterday.

Not going to complain about the ref. He was utter garbage but that's standard these days.

Felt we really missed Balogun when he went off. His aggressive aerial presence and tight man marking makes a big difference. 

Great aggressive attacking again from Morelos and Kent. Get the ball and go at the throat. Stone wall penalty from the challenge by McGinn. A fresh air swipe or a slide tackle and he had a good handful of Kents shirt. Not sure what the Hibs players were complaining about when it was awarded.

Pleased Lundstram is really growing into a key part of the team. He really didn't start well with us, then i don't think he was helped with how he was asked to play in our midfield 3. If we persist with this current setup Jack and Lundstram sitting seems like a great match. We really need a leader from that position. Jack can do it but i want to see Lundstram do it too.

A little disappointed in Aribo again. At real risk of losing his place to Ramsey who looked really hungry during his cameo. 

Barisic looks broken. Needs a thorough medical examination. He got injured about this time last year and never recovered. Went to the Euros injured and has never been the same since. We all laughed when Watford supposedly bid 2 million for him. But to be honest he doesn't look any better than a £2 million player at the moment. 

1 minute ago, the gunslinger said:

We absolutely should have signed souttar. We easily could lose the league for 600k here. 

i was against it but I'm starting to think the same. I'd be tempted to give Sands a run out at CB. I don't think he is the type of midfielder we need. He looks very much a CB playing in midfield.

Also rumour is hearts wanted a sell on fee which was the deal breaker. They wanted a kings ransom for Soutter but perhaps they knew we were running the risk of seeing out the season with 2 chocolate CB's that cant seem to stay fit.

12 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

i was against it but I'm starting to think the same. I'd be tempted to give Sands a run out at CB. I don't think he is the type of midfielder we need. He looks very much a CB playing in midfield.

Also rumour is hearts wanted a sell on fee which was the deal breaker. They wanted a kings ransom for Soutter but perhaps they knew we were running the risk of seeing out the season with 2 chocolate CB's that cant seem to stay fit.

We should have given them a sell on fee out of decency. though no more than 10%. Costs us nothing short term and gets you the player. 

say it costs you 2 million that's a lot of money but you have just sold a player for over 20 million. 

Say it costs you 100k then that's nothing and you have still turned a profit. 

Hard to see how you lose out of it. 

celtc were crowing about their 10 percent on VVD but all that really happened was they got 10 million for a hundred million quid player.