[FT] Rangers 2 (Tavernier 5' Pen; Morelos 57') - 0 Hibernian

23 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Truth be told, why trial a CM/DM in a more attacking role instead of playing another AM/striker. Lundstram and Jack cleared any danger vs Hearts, the former was well able to handle the Hibs threat yesterday. We can trial Kamara in such a role against Annan or the like, but could easily have used all 5 subs and give Diallo, Roofe, Sands or even Zukowski (spoken: tsu-kovski, not tsu-cowski as Tom Miller tried) some game time.

The justification is pretty obvious if you watched the last two games.

Are those alternatives supposed to be better?

1 minute ago, ranger_syntax said:

Oh right, so you just disagree with our valuation of the player and it doesn't have anything to do with decency.

If so then fair enough.

The correctness of the decision, like not selling Goldson, will only be known when the league is decided.

some people are more decent than others. I would do it partly out of decency but as I outline sell on clauses aren't an issue the worst case scenario still has you cashing in massively. Indeed if cash is an issue I would have offered them 20% and lower cash. 

You could recoup the soutter cash and wages with 1 round in the Scottish cup further. Right now we are already weaker without him and 1 injury or suspension away from real issues.

As you say when the league is decided we will know if we have got away with it.

3 minutes ago, CammyF said:

This is worrying if true - 

IMG-20220210-WA0000.jpg

If true, that just doesn't make sense. How can Helander be more match fit than Ramsey? And if Ramsey is just missing match fitness, then he needs game time and what better game to give him a start in than Annan????  I think Ramsey starts Saturday, I'll be very surprised if not. 

8 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

If true, that just doesn't make sense. How can Helander be more match fit than Ramsey? And if Ramsey is just missing match fitness, then he needs game time and what better game to give him a start in than Annan????  I think Ramsey starts Saturday, I'll be very surprised if not. 

He doesn't say either will start. 

I would start ramsey as well and give him as long as possible in a fairly strong team. 

Say 

Mcgloughlin

polish RB

goldson

simpson 

bassey

lundstrum

ramsey 

lowrey

sakala 

roofe 

diallo 

Despite the manager's comments, I feel Ramsey will start on Saturday as he definitely needs the minutes so the manager should be looking to get at least 60-70 min out of him whilst resting Aribo and Arfield.

Just now, Frankie said:

Despite the manager's comments, I feel Ramsey will start on Saturday as he definitely needs the minutes so the manager should be looking to get at least 60-70 min out of him whilst resting Aribo and Arfield.

Agreed. we need to get minutes into our back up defenders as well for me. 

51 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

The justification is pretty obvious if you watched the last two games.

Are those alternatives supposed to be better?

I watched the last two games and don`t think we need Kamara in an advanced role. It is fine if he can adjust his current, more defensive-minded game to one more akin to Jack`s, but why use a DM in a AM role? I saw that he scored a cracker in a game already won against a toiling Hearts side, it was his 2nd (sic!) goal of the season. It hasn`t been our problem to keep possession and recycle the ball in defense and midfield, we simply don`t put away the chances we create. When you have 3 or more attackers etc. on the bench, it only makes sense to utilize them ahead of non-attackers or folk like Kent who simply can`t put his shots between the sticks.

Edited by der Berliner