[FT] Dortmund 2 - 4 Rangers (Tavernier 38pen; Morelos 41; Lundstram 49; Zagadou 54o.g.)

1 hour ago, Whosthedado said:

aced lately, but that was under Gerrard who seemed to have a slightly different style to Gio.

I've just got the fear as opposed to the battle fever

Yeh I do too tbh. Hopefully he learned a couple of things from the old firm. 

A bit of a curveball but I wonder if Sands could play as he is more of a defensive midfielder than most. You have to think about off the ball abilities for this game. 

I'll be on a train headed south by the time this game kicks off so I'm going to miss it. I hope the team pull together and win their battles and give a cracking account of themselves. Nights like this don't come round too often for the average footballer, so hopefully they have a word with themselves before kick off and leave it all on the park. 

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:
1 hour ago, Whosthedado said:

Reus, Bellingham and maybe Witsel 😨

Brandt, Hazard, Malen, Guerreiro, Meunier, Reyna, Dahoud.

I think valium might be more use than beer this evening.

10 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think valium might be more use than beer this evening.

At the end of the day, it won`t be any different to games against favourites that we had over the last few years. If anything, this Rangers side has become rather unpredictable in such games. Dortmund on paper looks the clear favourites, yet they need to click too. Even with Haaland all those players managed to loose at 2nd BL FC St. Pauli in the cup not os long ago, got humped by Leverkusen 5.2 at home and only last weeked got back on track, mainly because  Union failing to convert chances while Dortmund was more lethal. They have - by admissnion of their manager, not seen that much of us, bar our defeat by the Scum and the games against Lyon. They know about Kent, they know about Alfredo and Aribo, even Roofe. I assume they will also have seen our weak points and will target them. Still, their manager said that while we play as a unit and more physical than what they have in the BL, we are sure able to play some fine football, if we get the chance.

We need to be solid and ready from the off, and our attackers have to be switched on and readyt o take any scraps that come their way.

Still, I expect  the worst and take anything different as a bonus.

I'm not sure about that lineup. It's lacking in defensive ability in the midfield. Playing Arfield, Aribo, Kent and Morelos seems very attacking. Kamara should be in there at least to shore us up a bit.

Sakala and Roofe are a loss obviously, our options on the bench are much weaker as a result. The vaccination rumour must have been true.

Sort of a midfield diamond with Lundstram in front of the defence, Aribo behind Morelos and Jack and Arfield on either side ... maybe.

Dunno how Roofe could have played away in Lyon or for Jamaica in the US of A without being vaccinated. No idea about Sakala ... though in either case you would have expectded some advance info ...