• Calvin Bassey
    • Borna Barisic
    • Ryan Jack
    • John Lundstram
    • Scott Arfield
    • Joe Aribo
    • Ryan Kent
    • Alfredo Morelos

Agree with most that Bassey, Jack, Lundstrum, Kent & Alfie were the best. Although it is hard to separate I've gone a little left field and gone for Bassey. My heart sank a little when I seen the line up, would probably have gone for Sands tbh! but I don't pick the team and quickly understood why he was picked. His pace as we pressed high was invaluable when we lost possession and more than once he matched their runners and snuffed them out. I just think this young guy has grown immensely in the squad. It is only a year ago he could well have been finished at Rangers after being part of the "Covid 6" fiasco. He has bounced back and grabbed his chance. He is still learning, prone to errors of judgement for sure but his performance last night was beyond his years and doubly so as he admits himself he is a LB before CB. Like everyone wearing the shirt last night he gave his all. Well played Calvin!

17 minutes ago, Ted McMinnime said:

Agree with most that Bassey, Jack, Lundstrum, Kent & Alfie were the best. Although it is hard to separate I've gone a little left field and gone for Bassey. My heart sank a little when I seen the line up, would probably have gone for Sands tbh! but I don't pick the team and quickly understood why he was picked. His pace as we pressed high was invaluable when we lost possession and more than once he matched their runners and snuffed them out. I just think this young guy has grown immensely in the squad. It is only a year ago he could well have been finished at Rangers after being part of the "Covid 6" fiasco. He has bounced back and grabbed his chance. He is still learning, prone to errors of judgement for sure but his performance last night was beyond his years and doubly so as he admits himself he is a LB before CB. Like everyone wearing the shirt last night he gave his all. Well played Calvin!

Glad you posted that mate and made that vote choice as Bassey was very, very good last night and really did his job well.

There were so many amazing performances last night and I can't disagree with anything I've read in this thread.  In the end I chose Morelos.  He is so important to us, not just for his goals.  He never gave their defence a minutes peace and is a nightmare to play against.  We don't have anyone remotely like him and will struggle to fill his very large boots.

Edited by Blue Moon

My furst thought was Kent then changed my mind and went for Jack then changed again to Lundstram before settling for Bassey.

Like most i thought he woukd be the weak link that Dortmund woukd exploit but he was a beast at times and had probably his best game for us so Bassey for me.

22 hours ago, Yorkie Bear said:

Bassey, Jack, Kent, Morelos. Take your pick. My vote goes to Kent for his harrying, defending when needed and most of all his skill in the lead up to the third goal.

Went for Kent, same reason as Yorkie Bear. Sublime player in that form and capable or world class skills. Keeps that up and it'll be hard to keep him to be honest. 

1 hour ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Just watched the Kent highlights reel and MOTM becomes a no-brainer. What a performance!

My first thought was Kent but opted for Bassey. After viewing his highlight video i would change but unfortunately no option.