Hardly last resort and shows fickleness of us football fans. Borna took time to settle at Rangers but has shown both in Europe and domestically that he can play a hige part in our success. 

Remember this was the man that waded into a mass brawl wearing flip-flops and offered out an entirr away support - hardly actions of a shitbag.

He has certainly lost form and confidence and as said above, this might be his struggle with a persistent injury. Hopefully the medical and management team can get Borna back to player he was last season. 

I think he is a top-quality left back, among the best in Europe when fully on top of his game, but is suffering from a combination of loss of form/confidence and speculation about his future. 

I have no doubt he can go on to show us what a top quality player he is again, and needs some help and coaching to get him back to that level. Thankfully we have cover in Bassey who was excellent in a big game last night.

5 hours ago, Whosthedado said:

He's gone through similar spells in his time with us. His confidence looks shot. That was a game changer last night shifting Bassey out to lb and bringing Balogun on

It’s the team I would have started with 

I thought it was not so much moving Bassey to LB, but the combination of bringing on Balogun and also dropping back Lundstrum to play in there also meant we were stopping their clever quick plays and closing the space better than when it was Goldson and Bassey in there.

Bassey's assist though was beautiful, and he did bring additional energy and power to that side which helped us a great deal in the second half, but that was more noticeable when we had the ball than when we were defending.

12 minutes ago, onevision said:

Just rewatched the match and confused why Borna received so many negative comments....would like someone to tell me what his failings were last night?

When Balogun came on at half-time my only thought was Borna was injured in the clash just before half-time. 

Our defence isn't our strongest point and we can do without his poor defending and  positional play time to move him on before he costs us dearly. 

Might sound harsh but if an employee is not up to the job he has to go .

:rfc:

I fail to see what the starry-eyed fuss is about over someone who has had perhaps two dozen good games for Rangers since he arrived in  2018. The fact he's been so easily eclipsed by Calvin Bassey should tell you all you need to know about Borna's abilities and attitude. He doesn't have anything like the mental toughness to play for Rangers on a consistent basis and has now joined the list of players beaten by the challenge. It's a contrivance to think we would be worse off if he moved on - I can't imagine it would be difficult to replace him. Harsh perhaps but clearly true.