He is a very hot and cold player but he's definitely going through a chilly spell just now (and has been most of the season).

Hopefully he can sort himself out and get back to his best but on recent form, Bassey is undoubtedly first choice LB.

• Frankie changed the title to Barisic

It's a confidence thing with Barisic, I think he's been completely spooked by Bassey. We've seen it before. If we ever have a desperate need for a fullback who only passes backwards then he'll be the first man we turn to.

Edited by Bill

Had a good game last week, and I initially thought we changed him for Balogun due to the incident shortly before half time, when his knee connected with the Dortmund guy`s head.

He is seemingly running after his own form (which hasn`t hindered Tavernier to be first pick), but yesterday also showed that right now Bassey looks more hungry, more fit, more willing a player, and one who is not much less able to do the attacking job required. I expect that Borna will have to fight for his place in the starting line-up now.

Phantom of the opera calling him a ''Sh*tebag'' after he tucked tail and ran in the opposite direction during an old firm game was the last straw for me. Even if he turns it around for the last few games and puts a shift in. He's a spent force in my eyes. Bassey is all heart and muscle. Which is good if you want a blunt instrument in the team but long term our leftback position needs looked into. 

Bassey looks to be a big honest pro and he hasn't done himself any harm. I just hope he realises what a beast of a man he is and uses it to his advantage. He's a big strapping powerhouse and he can go a long way if he applies himself properly.