20 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

I thought you were the positive one, Ian

I am, however reality has to be faced.

For me winning the league was the ultimate goal and was more important than anything else, the fact Separate Entity FC will gain access to the CL on the back of our hard work and success in Europe while they were embarrassing in Europe sticks in my throat, if we were to win the EL then it may compensate but I don’t think that will happen?.

Our league form is embarrassing!.

Games like this don't come around very often so I'm now at the mindset of just enjoying it as an occasion. 

No idea what to do with the team in terms of filling the Morelos void. I expect Balogun will play and we'll see Helander in Paisley.

Would like to take the game back to Ibrox in a position where we don't need to win, think they would be dangerous on the counter.

31 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Games like this don't come around very often so I'm now at the mindset of just enjoying it as an occasion. 

No idea what to do with the team in terms of filling the Morelos void. I expect Balogun will play and we'll see Helander in Paisley.

Would like to take the game back to Ibrox in a position where we don't need to win, think they would be dangerous on the counter.

This! I think we will need a victory tonight to progress now that the away goals rule is gone. If we go back to Ibrox and need to chase the game, I fear it will be an exit for us. They are a decent team. 

I was under the impression that you could add players to your EL squad by now, since Helander and Itten would be available again. I reckon we will set up defensively, with the wingbacks asked to support counter-attacks. Likewise, up top, I reckon we will start with Sakala ahead of Roofe, as the latter is quicker ... so maybe he and Kent may grab us another - "routine by now" - penalty.

McGregor*

Balogun - Goldson - Bassey

Lundstram

Tavernier - Kamara - Ramsey - Barisic

Sakala - Kent

*Because he won`t be replaced ...

15 hours ago, ian1964 said:

I see us getting beat by Braga, then dropping points against St Mirren, then getting beat in the semi final, season done 

I fear you are correct. 
losing last Sunday to a very average Celtic team will take its toll on us

questions will soon be getting asked about the manager & the DoF

The really good thing about football is there's always another game. Even at this age I still get excited at the prospect of a Rangers game. It's only during and after the game that things sometimes go to crap.

I hope we again confound our fears and roll over Braga in style.