[FT] St Mirren 0 - 4 Rangers (Roofe 2', 45+4', 50'; Aribo 76')

18 minutes ago, compo said:

I seem to remember in England someone saying you won't win anything with kids😌

Are you seriously comparing our current youth players to Beckham, Scholes, Butt, The Neville brothers et al and our manager to SAF?

Also that was once in a generation where they had 4 or 5 players who were exceptional. Not happened since.

12 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Maybe, just maybe he isn't good enough? 

King looks like he could play at this level but are we qualifying for the CL or winning league with our 1st choice centre halves being King and Soutar? Or a midfield of Lowry, McCann and Murray? Or with Weston in place of Alfie?

Certainly not at the same time, but surely they can contribute?

Give King a run when Souttar gets injured. :D   

I think Lowry could come off the bench and start the odd game now, comfortably. 

I do feel like we overlook our youngsters far too easily. 

13 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Certainly not at the same time, but surely they can contribute?

Give King a run when Souttar gets injured. :D   

I think Lowry could come off the bench and start the odd game now, comfortably. 

I do feel like we overlook our youngsters far too easily. 

No - in the last 2 season's we've seen McCorrie, Patterson, King, Lowry, Kelly and McCann all feature..

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

Are you seriously comparing our current youth players to Beckham, Scholes, Butt, The Neville brothers et al and our manager to SAF?

Also that was once in a generation where they had 4 or 5 players who were exceptional. Not happened since.

No one back then knew how good they were until they were given their chance it's about time we got rid of some deadwood. 

No one back then knew how good they were until they were given their chance it's about time we got rid of some deadwood. 

Not true - they had ripped up youth football for club and country. Our current youth team are struggling to finish 2nd in league full of amateurs.

Anyway, if we did play then, as soon as they made a mistake that cost us a game, they'd be written off and the manager hounded. 

it's about time we got rid of some deadwood. 

I have a feeling that, come season's end, you will see that Deadwood stage a-headin' on over the hills...

...whip crack-away, whip crack-away, whip crack-away!