[FT] St Mirren 0 - 4 Rangers (Roofe 2', 45+4', 50'; Aribo 76')

7 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Didn't see the game as the kids took me oot for my birthday🍾🥂 Maybe I'm reading into it too much but Aribo looked quite emotional after that goal and the way the players surrounded him looked like they were genuinely relieved/happy for the guy. Could there be something going on in the background to explain his up and down form? He was unplayable before he went to the ANC. 

42 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Maybe, just maybe he isn't good enough? 

King looks like he could play at this level but are we qualifying for the CL or winning league with our 1st choice centre halves being King and Soutar? Or a midfield of Lowry, McCann and Murray? Or with Weston in place of Alfie?

I dont recall saying replace the whole team.   Kelly had an Impressive pre season and I was very surprised he was put out on loan.  As for being good enough.... there are plenty of regular first team picks who havent been good enough this season but still keep their place.   

18 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

I have a feeling that, come season's end, you will see that Deadwood stage a-headin' on over the hills...

...whip crack-away, whip crack-away, whip crack-away!

Calm down, Calamity. 

I've said this before, but I don't think a rebuild is required. 

12 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

I dont recall saying replace the whole team.   Kelly had an Impressive pre season and I was very surprised he was put out on loan.  As for being good enough.... there are plenty of regular first team picks who havent been good enough this season but still keep their place.   

Stephen Kelly who is currently playing for Salford? 

His career stats don't show anything to suggest he is better than anything we currently have 

2018–Rangers0(0)

2019–2020 Ayr United (loan)28(5)

2020–2021 Ross County (loan)25(0)

2022–→ Salford City (loan)17(1)

Remember a young player we had, he went on loan to St Mirren then came back to Ibrox. 

He broke through into the 1st team and was continually played out of position yet at one point he was our top scorer in the CL group stages?

He was (for some reason) promoted to the Rangers fans "whipping boy" and left for Blackpool to much laughter and rejoicing. 

He then went on to have a very decent career with Liverpool and Stoke in the EPL.

See that's what we do with players - somehow we believe players NOT playing are actually better than those who ARE playing who we ridicule, berate and chase away.....

If Stephen Kelly was good enough to enhance out team, he wouldn't be at Salford. 

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Didn't see the game as the kids took me oot for my birthday🍾🥂 Maybe I'm reading into it too much but Aribo looked quite emotional after that goal and the way the players surrounded him looked like they were genuinely relieved/happy for the guy. Could there be something going on in the background to explain his up and down form? He was unplayable before he went to the ANC. 

I did wonder about the reaction of the players.  Perhaps he knows he's lost form and it has been worrying him.

And Happy birthday 🎂🥂

Edited by Blue Moon

So after today's performance, GVB has some big calls to make for Thursday.

I think Greegs and Tav are certain starters. 

Does he start with BB at left back and push Bassey back to CB with Goldson? 

Midfield is pivotal - will Jack and / or Lundstram be fit? Has Davis done enough to be a starter? Will we see a return of Sands / Kamara / Arfield?

Who plays up top with Roofe? Kent and Sakala? Kent and Aribo? 

Edited by CammyF

Davis was OK but I don’t think he did anything to make a case for a starting place on Thursday. We’ll need Balogun, Jack, Bassey and Lundstram back in harness. We also saw that Aribo and Roofe should start. Two players I wouldn’t have anywhere near the starting line up are Barisic and Kamara, both of whom slow the tempo down. 

I thought the best thing about today was seeing Aribo looking like his old self in the second half. 

Edited by Bill