Europa League Final 2022 - Official Match Thread

1 hour ago, BEARGER said:

Good point. Never took the Diddy Cup into consideration.😃

1 hour ago, buster. said:

The European Conference League gives teams at our level an increased chance of winning something in Europe.

Basically doubles the possibility.

I'm suggesting that we have lots of room for improvement.

Is there a path to the conference league final that doesn't involve a regression?

A little post script about Sevilla... there was a funny call on Clyde SSB last night. A Rangers fan was stating how proud he was of the team but we failed and we move on as a club. I'm paraphrasing but he was saying that there will be no plays at the Pavillion about Seville, no suites at Ibrox named after Seville etc. ie. We don't celebrate failure at Rangers like a certain other club does. There is a lot of truth in that IMO.

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

We have to be realistic with the Champions League - the top level sides just have too much quality and squad depth but since SG turned up, we have proved we can hold our own against clubs like Porto, Dortmund, Crvena Zvezda and Benfica.

Wednesday night was a disappointing end to a terrific run but we can now justifiably believe that's where we should be.  

Edited by Gonzo79

2 hours ago, buster. said:

The finance for meaningful progress required a win on Wednesday.

For progress at this level you need better players.

For better players you need more money.

We have another opportunity to qualify for the CL in August. 

By no means impossible but I tend to think it will be asking a lot of a team with a few new faces.

Given that we have another opportunity a win on Wednesday certainly was not required.

Fortunately the team, management et al don't share the defeatist outlook.

13 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

A little post script about Sevilla... there was a funny call on Clyde SSB last night. A Rangers fan was stating how proud he was of the team but we failed and we move on as a club. I'm paraphrasing but he was saying that there will be no plays at the Pavillion about Seville, no suites at Ibrox named after Seville etc. ie. We don't celebrate failure at Rangers like a certain other club does. There is a lot of truth in that IMO.

Anyone know where to get a tattoo removed?

Asking for a friend...

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but after watching the highlights again, did we have a fair shout for a pen when Kent missed in the last minute of ET. The defender basically piles through the back of him as he connects with the ball. Don't think the ref on Wednesday was giving much but another ref might have had a look at VAR. Clutching I know but I didn't even consider this on Wednesday through the tension.

33 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but after watching the highlights again, did we have a fair shout for a pen when Kent missed in the last minute of ET. The defender basically piles through the back of him as he connects with the ball. Don't think the ref on Wednesday was giving much but another ref might have had a look at VAR. Clutching I know but I didn't even consider this on Wednesday through the tension.

A look by VAR might also,as some have suggested,have shown ball over line before Roofe crossed.

Might and if are very meaningful words but the game has gone so look forward to today.

Leaving soon and hoping for similar result as 1976 when I was last at a Rangers V Hearts cup final.

The Europa League final is history, over and done. Sooner or later all of us will have to move on. What better reason than another cup final today?