Europa League Final 2022 - Official Match Thread

15 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Shouldn't it be someone else that identifies targets now?

Yes, its Ross Wilson and his departments responsibilty, but the management team will have input.

Just like it was Jonathan Johannson who recommended that we hab a look at a certain Alfredo Morelos  

I found the Final (the thread topic), very disappointing.

Of course, the European campaign as a whole was exceptional but we didn't do ourselves justice against Eintracht.

The quite amazing Calvin Bassey apart, I don't think there is a Rangers player who can say they played to the best of their abilities. For that reason, alongside how close the contest turned out, I find the defeat more difficult to 'process' than any other Rangers defeat in 49 years. I'm just glad we have tomorrow's Hampden cup final that will soon help take the mind off it.

With hindsight, I tend to think that the semi-final second leg at Ibrox was just so good in every way, that it was always likely to be our high point and expectations (as well as the occasion itself) started to weigh heavy on some of the players going into Sevilla. 

On the pitch, as in the away games at Braga and Leipzig, we badly missed Alfredo Morelos. Allowing Eintracht to push an extra man into the middle and forcing our defenders into countless long balls that were never going to come to anything. 

I think John Lundstram was very honest and correct when he said that the players had let the fans down on Wednesday evening. I'd also repeat, that they have a lot to be proud about when it comes to the European run as a whole.

I'm a big fan of Oliver Glassner, the Frankfurt coach. 

His LASK side was a joy to watch, playing some lovely stuff, and being successful at it.

He did well at Wolfsburg, too, getting them into the CL. 

He continued at Frankfurt, although they've faltered in the league recently - I'm sure the silverware makes up for it, though...

The large-scale acceptance of defeat and the love-in with Frankfurt...I don't approve of these things.

There's nothing good about losing a final.  Nothing whatsoever.  

Great we got there but that's in the past now.  

11 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The large-scale acceptance of defeat and the love-in with Frankfurt...I don't approve of these things.

There's nothing good about losing a final.  Nothing whatsoever.  

Great we got there but that's in the past now.  

Don't think anyone has said losing the final was "good". Think we are all disappointed but losing the final shouldn't detract from the achievement and rewards (both financial and reputation wise) of getting to a major European final.