Europa League Final 2022 - Official Match Thread

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

A boy next to me was calling Ramsey all the names under the sun after his penalty.  I don't think he joined in with a single song either.

Why do people like that go to the football!?

I don’t think anyone is more disappointed than Ramsey himself. What’s done is done, I’d rather we parted company with him showing generosity instead of bitterness. 

I don't think we will ever get a better chance of winning a European trophy, the team just did not turn up. Why did that happen? management, tactics, team selection, use of subs? The biggest game most of them will ever play in and they blew it. I'm also worried about tomorrow, need to freshen up the starting 11, I would play Ramsey and Lowry.

1 minute ago, Bill said:

I don’t think anyone is more disappointed than Ramsey himself. What’s done is done, I’d rather we parted company with him showing generosity instead of bitterness. 

Being generous shouldn't extend to a first team slot for the final tomorrow.

He has done nothing to deserve or merit it.

His current form is poor for obvious reasons.

His big-game mentality deserted him when it mattered.

Lowry is the future, play him from the start.

11 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

I don't think we will ever get a better chance of winning a European trophy, the team just did not turn up. Why did that happen? management, tactics, team selection, use of subs? The biggest game most of them will ever play in and they blew it. I'm also worried about tomorrow, need to freshen up the starting 11, I would play Ramsey and Lowry.

Our opponents doing their homework and nullifying our threat?

Having our 2 main strikers out injured?

Players burst due to soaring heat and after playing 60+ games per season - including extra-time in domestic semi-final and European quarter final?

13 minutes ago, buster. said:

Being generous shouldn't extend to a first team slot for the final tomorrow.

He has done nothing to deserve or merit it.

His current form is poor for obvious reasons.

His big-game mentality deserted him when it mattered.

Lowry is the future, play him from the start.

And if Lowry has a stinker and we lose, the hounds will be released in him. 

Just now, CammyF said:

Our opponents doing their homework and nullifying our threat?

Having our 2 main strikers out injured?

Players burst due to soaring heat and after playing 60+ games per season - including extra-time in domestic semi-final and European quarter final?

I think it was the Germans 48th game of the season,....it was our 64th.

Yes, a fit and firing Morelos would have made defending much more difficult for them.

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

And if Lowry has a stinker and we lose, the hounds will be released in him. 

Lowry has shown in his short time playing for the first team what he brings.

He merits a start and tomorrow is an ideal platform for him to show what he can do.

I don't think we will be disappointed in someone whose game is forward thinking.

7 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Our opponents doing their homework and nullifying our threat?    Our management could not counteract that?

Having our 2 main strikers out injured? Managed ok against a better team in semi final.

Players burst due to soaring heat and after playing 60+ games per season - including extra-time in domestic semi-final and European quarter final? Heat was the same for Germans. Should have strengthened team.

1 hour ago, BEARGER said:

This notion is everywhere and it is not true.

If we start to participate in the champions league group stages often enough then other good chances will come.

The team needs to keep working hard though. This has to be inspiration for further improvements.