[AET] Rangers 2 (Jack 93'; Wright 97') - 0 Hearts

19 hours ago, Rousseau said:

I wonder if Lampard would let us have Simms on a free? 

Just going through this thread.

I thought Simms won the vast majority of challenges with either Goldson or Balogun.  Hard running with robust strength goes a long way in the Scottish game. If Everton do not renew his contract, I think he is worth a punt?

25 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Just going through this thread.

I thought Simms won the vast majority of challenges with either Goldson or Balogun.  Hard running with robust strength goes a long way in the Scottish game. If Everton do not renew his contract, I think he is worth a punt?

Looked a solid chap, would sure add to the team as a squad player, not least with some better coaching.

Edited by der Berliner

Along with two mates, we sat -stood in Row A of the North Stand yesterday. A trio of lower to mid-sixties blokes eight or nine seats from the divide between the Rangers and Hearts supports. We had NO interaction, most of the supports immediately surrounding us were older guys, women and, several children. After Ryan Jack's screamer, my mate was hit on the head by a stainless steel Vaping pipe. This was a solid several inch long object. We retrieved it from the open couple of yards of concrete immediately in front of our seats but, before the retaining wall.

A lady behind saw who threw the object and we reported it to the Police Officer at the front of the dividing line. The Officer refused to take action and, we demanded her superior officer hear our complaint. He took several minutes to arrive and was equally dismissive. Of course, the discussion quickly reduced to Police Scotland's zeal for ensuring young supporters receive a criminal record for singing songs but, not wanting to report an action of thuggery. Meanwhile, the lad in his mid-30s that threw the object was intent upon constant gesticulation.

The male Sgt accompanying the female Inspector concluded any reaction from our grouping would result in Police action. 

A couple of minutes later, the Referee blew the final whistle and the Jambos turned to tramp back up the terrace stairs. One remained with his arm and finger outstretched. We held up the vape pipe, pointed at him and sang, 'Dirty Vapish Bastard'. The female Inspector laughed, her Sgt had serious facial issues.

I was also sat in the North stand but thankfully I was far enough from the Hearts supporters. No risk of flying objects for me.

It wasn't all plain sailing though. Early on in the match I heard some deeply offensive language emanating from somewhere further back.

Initially the fellow in question was urging Rangers to 'recycle it'. Then as the match developed I heard repeated reference to 'big Shirley'.

Shameful scenes.

31 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I take it posters are joking about wanting Simms?  He's an awful footballer - does nothing but put his weight about.  

Did nothing to impress. 
A throwback to the days of "Rum'le them up, Rangers!"

47 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I take it posters are joking about wanting Simms?  He's an awful footballer - does nothing but put his weight about.  

Couldn't agree more. Absolutely the wrong direction for Rangers

57 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

8 minutes ago, Bill said:

Couldn't agree more. Absolutely the wrong direction for Rangers

I'm not suggesting he'd replace Morelos, but by many accounts he's been one of the best players in the league this season. 

He'd be an ideal target man; he's really powerful - he won everything yesterday - for only 21 years old. It's a type of player we don't have. 

I'd much rather snap him up on a free than get Gilmour on loan. 

17 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'd much rather snap him up on a free than get Gilmour on loan. 

You're not comparing apples with apples. Simms is a "target-man" whilst Gilmour a playmaker. 

I don't think he won everything yesterday. He was effective for first 30mins or so then was barely noticeable after that. 

Also managed to miss an open goal from a a few yards out. 

Edited by CammyF