The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Just noted that Ross Barkley is still a freebie and Southampton are interested, yet "face competition from us". Methinks the CL squad-list window is closed now, so we won`t be able to offer him that sort of footie for the time being, only game time. That said, I have no clue whether he is "any good" (well, he wouldn`t have been at Chelsea if he wasn`t) nor whether we were actually in for him.

Just now, der Berliner said:

Just noted that Ross Barkley is still a freebie and Southampton are interested, yet "face competition from us". Methinks the CL squad-list window is closed now, so we won`t be able to offer him that sort of footie for the time being, only game time. That said, I have no clue whether he is "any good" (well, he wouldn`t have been at Chelsea if he wasn`t) nor whether we were actually in for him.

We have a load of games from now until November. Is it fair to say there is a risk with Barkley or indeed any signing at this point that by the time they get to speed the World Cup will be kicking off.

51 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Barkley, surely not.

Ages to get up to speed

Not available for CL

High wages

We have seen this movie before

19 hours ago, weebluedevil said:

McLaughlin, Goldson, Kamara, Kent, Barisic, Wright, Morelos, Sakala, Matondo are NOT good enough for Rangers. They've all had their moments, but they have not been on it for too long. (I give Morelos and Matondo a chance to prove me wrong). It happens in football. Given we also have medium and long term injuries to Hagi, Helander, Souttar, Davies, Roofe, (add Lowry and Lawrence to the short term injury list) - we needed to strengthen to just attempt to be successful this season. Don't you agree? 

PS. Sorry for deliberately waiting for this evening to reply to your response, I thought you may see clearer now. 

Absolute rubbish , don't know why I'm even responding to this drivel.

53 minutes ago, rbr said:

Absolute rubbish , don't know why I'm even responding to this drivel.

Even if you think some but not all of those players are not good enough, let me ask you this:

What does success loom like for you this season? Is it winning the title?  I'm guessing the answer has to be yes??

Secondly, do you think this squad can win the title this season?  I'm not sure many fans do now after the deja vu of yesterday, but I'm interested in what you think. 

Finally, maybe you don't think it's a squad issue in which case you maybe you think a different management team is needed to get the best out of the current squad. 

Answering 'Rubbish' is a poor response without a counter argument or opinion. 

2 hours ago, weebluedevil said:

Even if you think some but not all of those players are not good enough, let me ask you this:

What does success loom like for you this season? Is it winning the title?  I'm guessing the answer has to be yes??

Secondly, do you think this squad can win the title this season?  I'm not sure many fans do now after the deja vu of yesterday, but I'm interested in what you think. 

Finally, maybe you don't think it's a squad issue in which case you maybe you think a different management team is needed to get the best out of the current squad. 

Answering 'Rubbish' is a poor response without a counter argument or opinion. 

Of course we are capable of winning the league , better teams than this have been well beaten by that mob .Bar a horrendous refereeing performance we would only be 3 points off instead of 5 .

The reasons for not spending more money are documented , however we will IMHO strengthen in January , the league has not been lost .

That mob have spent £43 million approx not including money they have brought in since last summer , because they can  , its not rocket science , you can stamp your feet and take as many huffs as you want , nothing will change until we are on a proper financial footing , as of yet we aren't.  Financial fare play is over a rolling period and we have consistently been posting Hugh losses  .