The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

A big problem at the moment but in my view we have too many players unavailable due to injury,some long term,some due to being clugged e.g. Lawrence v Ross County/Lowry v Dumbarton

Yesterday has gone so let's forget it and look forward.and hopefully when they come back things will change.

1 minute ago, MacK1950 said:

Would it not be better to speculate how we can use them,e.g. Montando for what he was signed for.

Agree. And I'll say it again, too many players have not been given a proper run of games - it's difficult to get up to speed with a few cameos and starting one week and then on the bench the next. I know he hasn't hit the ground running, but I have high hopes for him. he's shown glimpses with some great assists already. The same goes for Davies and Yilmaz...and the youngsters, if we want a player trading model like Ajax, we need to support the kids (that have great potential) and play them even if they make mistakes, that's the only way to learn. Nothing to lose now. Europe target achieved and we certainly need to shake things up in the league games. 

Summer Transfer window 2022 might eventually be seen as very good. 

FFP is going to restrict our scope to buy our way out of trouble. The obvious route to go is predominantly youth. Just as well we have improved this side of the club.

The signings like Ridvan will hopefully come good but I particularly focus on the 5 (?) youths signed within a couple of days of each other.

11 minutes ago, buster. said:

Summer Transfer window 2022 might eventually be seen as very good. 

FFP is going to restrict our scope to buy our way out of trouble. The obvious route to go is predominantly youth. Just as well we have improved this side of the club.

The signings like Ridvan will hopefully come good but I particularly focus on the 5 (?) youths signed within a couple of days of each other.

They're a while away from being at the first-team age, are they not?

Hopefully they will be a good batch, though. 

12 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

They're a while away from being at the first-team age, are they not?

Hopefully they will be a good batch, though. 

That depends on their level, the coaching and a manager who is prepared to trust them.

From a strategic POV, it shows some foresight. The difficulty at a club like Rangers, is for under pressure managers putting them in.

Perhaps, a clear and well communicated strategy could prepare the support in showing some patience. I fully realise how difficult that would be but with FFP, is there another way ?

The Ajax model has been talked about for years. We need to stop talking and DO something similar.

Edited by buster.

15 hours ago, rbr said:

That mob have spent £43 million approx not including money they have brought in since last summer , because they can  , its not rocket science , you can stamp your feet and take as many huffs as you want , nothing will change until we are on a proper financial footing , as of yet we aren't.  Financial fare play is over a rolling period and we have consistently been posting Hugh losses  .

The last couple of days have been a very good example of why fans should never run football clubs. Financially, we still have a considerable distance to go but very few seem to want to accept this. 

19 minutes ago, buster. said:

That depends on their level, the coaching and a manager who is prepared to trust them.

From a strategic POV, it shows some foresight. The difficulty at a club like Rangers, is for under pressure managers putting them in.

Perhaps, a clear and well communicated strategy could prepare the support in showing some patience. I fully realise how difficult that would be but with FFP, is there another way ?

The Ajax model has been talked about for years. We need to stop talking and DO something similar.

I mean, are they not around 15 years old? That's a level below B-team. 

They won't be around the first-team for a couple of years, at least.