The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Just now, Rousseau said:

I mean, are they not around 15 years old? That's a level below B-team. 

They won't be around the first-team for a couple of years, at least. 

Yes, I was meaning further down the line. However, we need to start producing players good enough to challenge for first team by the time they are 18.

5 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I mean, are they not around 15 years old? That's a level below B-team. 

They won't be around the first-team for a couple of years, at least. 

Lovelace, Stevens and Nsio all came on against QOTS but I think it's fair to assume they'll be on the fringe first team this season.

Because of the requirements at Rangers, we'll likely never see many youths making it as first team regulars.  

We'll get one or two every five years or so and that's being optimistic.

Edited by Gonzo79

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Because of the requirements at Rangers, we'll likely never see many youths making it as first team regulars.  

Depends on the manager, and the philosophy of the club. 

I think we do have the manager for it, but we're still developing the club philosophy. The B-team being the key-stone of that. 

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

The changing regulation allied to the environment we operate in may end up meaning it is the only way to go.

Mention of the Ajax model should be accompanied by a mention of tacit approval by Ajax themselves, with the signing of Bassey.

Currently an exception to the rule, we need to find different versions of Calvin Bassey on a relatively regular basis.

Not easy but It is what good youth systems do.

15 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

It should be our aspiration. Look at how young Ajax's team are, I don't believe for a second they don't have as much pressure on them as we do. But Scotland does not produce very good players, Holland does, so ambitious recruitment at young ages is the only solution. I don't know why we don't recruit young players directly from South America either. Clubs around Europe are making a fortune from selling on South Americans. It's obviously not that hard to get a work permit considering Celtic got one for their left back.

It's ideal world scenario stuff.  We'll continue shopping in the bargain basement and hoping for more Basseys and Aribos.  

Recently, our two most promising youths were snapped up by Chelsea and Everton before they really broke into the first team.