The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

We have a big squad and a big injury list (Lawrence the latest) - I won't be stamping my feet if we don't bring anyone in but I think we'll struggle to cope with the 'two a week' fixtures as things stand.

If that lot win the league again, a combination of our terrific work in Europe and our stuttering domestic form will have made them millions.  

200.gif

Edited by Gonzo79

Some valid reasons for NOT making signings today:

• Probable future fees of ~£10m (Tillman/Sands)
  • Large squad/wages
  • Increasing costs

However, reasons for making signings equally merited:

• Lack of forward options
  • Unreliable squad (injury/quality)
  • Busy autumn schedule

Ultimately without moving on unreliable high earners (e.g. Helander and Roofe) and/or players that manager may deem acceptable to replace (e.g. Kamara and Sakala) then it becomes very difficult to find fees and wages to further bolster an already bloated squad of 29.  As I said yesterday, it wouldn't surprise me to see at least two of those names leave today. A club may be tempted by Roofe (back in training) on loan with permanent moves for Kamara and Sakala in the region of £15m which would allow us to bring in two new players of good value.

Even with no changes then our squad is still a good one. However, we simply must find a way to get Helander and, particularly, Roofe contributing. Similarly we must rotate the squad well and find a midfield balance that works domestically and in Europe.

A big 12 hours ahead!

3 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Helander and, particularly, Roofe contributing.

Call me cynical but Helander is done and will see the season out contributing 0. Roofe will do the usual get fit score a few goals then go missing for a few months only for the process to start again.

We have no one to blame for our short comings this season but ourselves. 

My hope is that our manager does enough to do well for us but doesn't attract attention from elsewhere. He has not been backed in the transfer market like his rival across the city.

3 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Call me cynical but Helander is done and will see the season out contributing 0. Roofe will do the usual get fit score a few goals then go missing for a few months only for the process to start again.

My hope is that our manager does enough to do well for us but doesn't attract attention from elsewhere. He has not been backed in the transfer market like his rival across the city.

Manager has been backed but we've spent money on players who for various reasons aren't going to contribute much in the short term.

Exception being Colak.

15 minutes ago, buster. said:

Manager has been backed

Sorry but cant agree there, maybe if Morelos and Kent renew I'll agree then. As of now this window is looking mediocre at best. Colak has been superb but other than him two of our better players this season (Sands and Tillman) aren't even our players. 

At this stage even a 6 month loan for a right winger (experienced player who is maybe out of favour elsewhere) would be ideal right now.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

5 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Sorry but cant agree there, maybe if Morelos and Kent renew I'll agree then. As of now this window is looking mediocre at best. Colak has been superb but other than him two of our better players this season (Sands and Tillman) aren't even our players. 

We've spent money but generally, haven't got immediate bang for our buck.

However, we are very light middle to front. A couple more injuries and we are badly struggling.

21 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I don't disagree but we're still playing catch up financially for the last few years of investment.

FWIW, Helander and Roofe are supposedly back in training - the latter may be available over the next fortnight, the former the end of this month. Like you though, I don't hold much hope in either contributing anything substantial and I think Roofe may go out on loan today.

There will be freebies available after today still. Just saying.

If all are fit, well most of the better players at least, we have a good enough squad to challenge for the title. Even if we manage to get beaten on Saturday (though the Scum haven`t faced any decent team so far). IMHO, we haven`t lost anyone we haven`t replaced so far, even if Kamara leaves today, we can compensate. For we still have Jack, Lundstram, Davis, Sands, and McCann, who can all play in his place - and have done so.