I mentioned this prior to the Livingston game:

Kent - Colak - Matondo

Tillman

Lundstram - Kamara

Red Van - Sands - Goldson - Tavernier

McLaughlin

Adding Morelos for Colak, and it's still the strongest squad, for me. 

I've not seen enough of Davies, yet. 

I would prefer having just one #6 against the diddies, bringing in Lowry for Lundstram or Kamara. 

29 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I mentioned this prior to the Livingston game:

Kent - Colak - Matondo

Tillman

Lundstram - Kamara

Red Van - Sands - Goldson - Tavernier

McLaughlin

Davies for Sands for me I think. I thought Sands’ reluctance to pass left was really poor the other night, and surprising. Reminiscent of Katic. Tillman probably dropping into CM and Lowry playing in front against smaller teams, though I don’t think GVB will have the guts to drop the big players for Lowry. 

Some mention Lowry and I agree that he remains our best bet of finding/developing the dynamic creative force we need.

We haven't the finance to buy the ability we need in there but we might just already have the raw material in house.

It is a gamble, but we have to roll the dice.

I remember when Ian Durrant came in and the way he would drive forward with youthful exuberance and a natural talent. 

On paper I think it's now a 4-2-3-1:

McLaughlin

Tav / Goldson / Davies / Ridvan

Lundstram / Jack

Matondo / Tillman / Kent

Morelos

With an alternative 3-4-3 along these lines (which obviously didn't work the other night):

McLaughlin

Goldson / Souttar / Davies  

Tav / Lundstram / Kamara / Ridvan

Matondo / Morelos / Kent

Then you have players like Helander, Hagi and Roofe that may come back into the reckoning if they ever reach full fitness again.  I'd also expect Lowry to feature more heavily as the season goes on.

There's no doubt we have the personnel but the manager has to find the right blend to deal with low blocks as more and more teams see that as the easiest way to nullify us.  The 3-4-3 does allow for more attacking options but ensuring we get the best out of the full backs and the wingers in minimal space is easier said than done.

Kent - Fredo- Matondo

Tillman

Lundstram - Jack

Red Van - Davies - Goldson - Tavernier

McLaughlin

-Fredo over Colak-In Colak's defense I have not seen enough of him yet to fairly ascertain....BUT...Fredo has produced for years.

Plus he is a world class A-Hole on the pitch...a quality that cannot be understated.

-Davies...no other alternative...shoehorning a right sided CDM (Sands), and a RCB (Souttar) in the position is not wise...as we have seen.

-Jack--still has a gammy leg...and probably always will but in my fantasy world he would team up lovely with Lundstram

-Tillman is a CAM...just like Haji...is a CAM...