[FT] Rangers 3 (Tavernier 45pen; Colak 58; Tillman 78) - 0 Union SG

Failure to reach the champions league will have dire consequences on our financial status we need to get there and we need the money it brings .

So it’s down to the manager and players to get it done .

2 hours ago, buster. said:

The evidence that I can see thus far suggests that we are going out tonight.

To go through, I think we'd need to click into top gear for periods of this match and defend well throughout.

Not impossible, but unlikely.

I can't see us suddenly clicking with high tempo, slick football but we could end up replacing it with a high energy approach/less precise. The danger with the latter is that after about half an hour, we drop off it and that we could easily be counter-attacked from the word go, if not precise.

The other approach is to be patient. Start fast but not in a sustained way and look to conserve energy, thinking about the 90 minutes.

Against Malmo last year, it was the former.

We got the goal we needed to level the tie after 18 minutes but we were knackered after about 35 minutes and never really recovered, even against 10 men.

Maybe Gio will be slightly more conservative and think about the 90 minutes but at the same time, he will have to be more direct from the word go than of late.....It was Cedric Itten and Alex Lowry who scored our last First Half goals in a competitive match (Hearts, Away in League last season). We have scored 4 goals in our last 5 competitive matches (90 minutes), plus 2 in Extra Time.

Fingers crossed but with no real expectation.

Agree with all this. It's a near impossible task unless this lot are somehow awful and we just made them look good. 

I don't think that's the case their defenders looked good as did their keeper. They also looked very dangerous on the break. 

2 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

Agree with all this. It's a near impossible task unless this lot are somehow awful and we just made them look good. 

I don't think that's the case their defenders looked good as did their keeper. They also looked very dangerous on the break. 

They sorted themselves out quickly last week and adopted a near perfect tactical approach. ....Our lack of 'everything' on the night, made it look masterful.

ie. I think they'll get their tactical approach right and it is about us throwing a spanner in its works to see how they react to the occasion.