[FT] Rangers 2 (Colak 40; Lawrence 70) - 2 PSV Eindhoven

Honestly, those 500 triangles in front of our goal has been an illness for the last few years. Somewhere between shocking and naive. I`m at a full loss that this has not been fixed by now, whether by managers or players. Two standards, two centre-half grabbed the goals. Best not to mention Goldson at their header, he might have saved face if he`d gone to the ground screaming for a foul ...

They showed in phases that they can rip us a new one, and with ease at times. It will be hard next week and I don`t look forward to that game in a same way as it was last year with Leipzig or Dortmund. But PSV isn`t going through a bad spell now.

Superb pass by Davis to Tav for Colak`s  goal, all three worked their socks off. The Croat shows that no striker is irreplacable. Kent at his usual best and worst, does so much and gets into dangerous areas, before doing that one step-over/outplaying-attempt too many. Lawrence was okay, though I would have hooked him later in the 2nd half too, when we got pushed back further and further. As soon as we put them under pressure in their half, they were vulnerabe, but we let them play far too much.

Would have hoped that we see Matondo and Arfield, though I would assume that both will feature next week.

I thought all the attacking midfielders really lacked end product again tonight. So many opportunities to provide Colak with chances were wasted and who are we relying on to do it, yet again? Our right back. 

Post match observations...

We still look like a team trying to find a pattern and an identity.

Tillman should have been hooked earlier as it looked like he was running/reacting in slow motion.

We were sloppy at times in possession when we didn't need to be. 

We need to find a way of utilising Kent beyond passing the ball out wide and expecting him to simply beat 2/3 players. 

I thought Barasic had his most assertive game in ages. 

All things considered, we didn't lose and we go into next week's game still in the tie. I can see a totally different set up next week with hopefully Kent and/or Motando's pace being used. 

Thought our subs should have been made earlier and Gio chose the wrong players to bring on.  Arfield, Matondo and Morelos should have been on.  Sorry to say Wright was like a fish out of water, Davis and Tillman dead on their feet.