[FT] PSV 0 - 1 Rangers (Colak 60)

11 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Really! are you fucking serious? after tonights massive win you haven't even said well done!!!, think you need to change your sport mate, that is ridiculous!.

Think I'm going to need a bigger net!

What a result tonight!  There was a point that I never Thought I'd see this again in my lifetime.   I don't think it's sunk in yet how big this is for the club.   Gio seems to have the measure of the European scene.  He's pulled some fantastic results out the bag and i think there will be more to come.  We're not even firing on all cylinders either.  The hibs result had taken the wind out our sails but hopefully this is the boost we need to kick start our season.

It is also amazing what you can achieve without the weight of an SPFL referee hanging round your neck

1 hour ago, Ted McMinnime said:

That clip of Gio & Coaching team says it all for me. Lets not forget that PSV got a bit of a sore tactical lesson from us tonight. From the minute we scored RVN looked at a loss to turn the game. He appeared to take the "headless chicken" approach by throwing on a load of subs none of whom made much impact. We really did control the final stages of the game. Apart from a couple of sloppy passes from Wright and Kent, they barely laid a glove. Total flat response from their fans as well. 

Well done to Gio & staff. A EL final and CL group stage  qualification in just over 3 months is MASSIVE. Many Congratulations Rangers!:rfcbouncy:

Doing a huddle too!

Never in doubt, we were always going through !!!

Truthfully, never saw a clean sheet and a win coming.

USG (A) seems a long time ago now.

First competitive defeat for PSV since mid-April

First European away win since Dortmund

Four away games at PSV, 4 different decades, 3 wins and a draw.

5 goals scored at PSV, all second half and all at the same end. 

Alex MacDonald, Derek Johnstone, Bobby Russell, Jorg Albertz, Antonio Colak and a mention in dispatches for Tommy McLean (3 assists)

We left it for the last of 3 opportunities to get into CLGS  but we got there.

Real Madrid

Liverpool

Inter Milan

Rangers

Porto

RB Leipzig

Shakhtar

Rangers

Pot 1                          coef.             Pot 2                          coef.
------------------------ --- ----------------    ------------------------ --- ----------------
Real Madrid              Esp 124.000             Liverpool                Eng 134.000
Eintracht Frankfurt      Ger  61.000             Chelsea                  Eng 123.000
Manchester City          Eng 134.000             FC Barcelona             Esp 114.000
AC Milan                 Ita  38.000             Juventus                 Ita 107.000
Bayern München           Ger 138.000             Atlético Madrid          Esp 105.000
Paris Saint-Germain      Fra 112.000             Sevilla                  Esp  91.000
FC Porto                 Por  80.000             RB Leipzig               Ger  83.000
Ajax                     Ned  82.500             Tottenham Hotspur        Eng  83.000

Pot 3                          coef.             Pot 4                          coef.
------------------------ --- ----------------    ------------------------ --- ----------------
Borussia Dortmund        Ger  78.000             Glasgow Rangers *3       Sco  50.250
FC Salzburg              Aut  71.000             Dinamo Zagreb **         Cro  49.500
Shakhtar Donetsk         Ukr  71.000             Olympique Marseille      Fra  44.000
Internazionale           Ita  67.000             FC København *4          Den  40.500
Napoli                   Ita  66.000             Club Brugge              Bel  38.500
Benfica *3               Por  61.000             Celtic                   Sco  33.000
Sporting CP Lisbon       Por  55.500             Viktoria Plzen **        Cze  31.000
Bayer Leverkusen         Ger  53.000             Maccabi Haifa **         Isr   7.000
Edited by buster.

Ce sont les meilleures équipes
Es sind die allerbesten Mannschaften
The main event

Die Meister
Die Besten
Les grandes équipes
The champions

Une grande réunion
Eine grosse sportliche Veranstaltung
The main event

Die Meister
Die Besten
Les grandes équipes
The champions

Ils sont les meilleurs
Sie sind die Besten
These are the champions

Die Meister
Die Besten
Les grandes équipes
The champions

8 hours ago, Ted McMinnime said:

That clip of Gio & Coaching team says it all for me. Lets not forget that PSV got a bit of a sore tactical lesson from us tonight. From the minute we scored RVN looked at a loss to turn the game. He appeared to take the "headless chicken" approach by throwing on a load of subs none of whom made much impact. We really did control the final stages of the game. Apart from a couple of sloppy passes from Wright and Kent, they barely laid a glove. Total flat response from their fans as well. 

Well done to Gio & staff. A EL final and CL group stage  qualification in just over 3 months is MASSIVE. Many Congratulations Rangers!:rfcbouncy:

I agree. PSV did seem at a loss. The commentator made the point that unlike their previous game with Monaco, the seemed to have accepted their fate. However, having said that, when Colak was substituted the pessimist in me was screaming "if they score in the dying seconds, we've no centre forward for extra time"