[FT] PSV 0 - 1 Rangers (Colak 60)

5 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

He blocked me ages ago as well, I only ever read his tweets 🥺😁

I think it happens with some folks when they mass block people - Jean Johanssen did the same to me a while ago when I was defending her against mentalist Tims.

20 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Whinging Joey Veerman slammed for Rangers 'surrender' as Wesley Sneijder launches astonishing attack on PSV flop

PSV Eindhoven star Joey Veerman was accused of surrendering by Dutch icon Wesley Sneijder after the former Rangers target insisted the Ibrox side did not deserve to reach the Champions League. Veerman was angry after Rangers defeated PSV 1-0 in the Netherlands to clinch a famous victory and claim a massive financial windfall in Europe's premier competition.

But instead of being magnanimous in defeat, Veerman lashed out in a television interview after the game. He moaned: "I don't think it's fair that Rangers play Champions League and we don't. I don't think they created a single chance here.

"What did we do wrong? We missed two great chances before half time. We had to score them. And I would have preferred to play as a 'No.8' instead of a 'No.10', but I tried my best."

But that brought a stinging rebuke from the former Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Ajax star who was capped 134 times by the Netherlands and is now a TV pundit. He said: "That was a remarkable interview. It's everyone else's fault apparently.

"But from the very first minute in the game, I watched him surrender. In every aspect. What did he do? Play passes backward, but anyone can do that. He didn't protect the defence and then has the nerve to criticise the chances they missed.

"Last week, he was quite clear that PSV were better than Rangers. I expected him to roll up his sleeves and prove that. But he did nothing. If I was his manager, I would be very unhappy with him. Let's be clear here, Rangers won every battle and deserved to go through."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/whinging-joey-veerman-slammed-for-rangers-surrender-as-wesley-sneijder-launches-astonishing-attack-on-psv-flop/ar-AA1151Xu

Tell Joey to take the weekend off, AGAIN!

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

Whinging Joey Veerman slammed for Rangers 'surrender' as Wesley Sneijder launches astonishing attack on PSV flop

PSV Eindhoven star Joey Veerman was accused of surrendering by Dutch icon Wesley Sneijder after the former Rangers target insisted the Ibrox side did not deserve to reach the Champions League. Veerman was angry after Rangers defeated PSV 1-0 in the Netherlands to clinch a famous victory and claim a massive financial windfall in Europe's premier competition.

But instead of being magnanimous in defeat, Veerman lashed out in a television interview after the game. He moaned: "I don't think it's fair that Rangers play Champions League and we don't. I don't think they created a single chance here.

"What did we do wrong? We missed two great chances before half time. We had to score them. And I would have preferred to play as a 'No.8' instead of a 'No.10', but I tried my best."

But that brought a stinging rebuke from the former Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Ajax star who was capped 134 times by the Netherlands and is now a TV pundit. He said: "That was a remarkable interview. It's everyone else's fault apparently.

"But from the very first minute in the game, I watched him surrender. In every aspect. What did he do? Play passes backward, but anyone can do that. He didn't protect the defence and then has the nerve to criticise the chances they missed.

"Last week, he was quite clear that PSV were better than Rangers. I expected him to roll up his sleeves and prove that. But he did nothing. If I was his manager, I would be very unhappy with him. Let's be clear here, Rangers won every battle and deserved to go through."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/whinging-joey-veerman-slammed-for-rangers-surrender-as-wesley-sneijder-launches-astonishing-attack-on-psv-flop/ar-AA1151Xu

I was just going to post this. 

Veerman is having an absolute 'mare.

What a tit.

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

Just watched back the highlights for the first time. Colak played a huge part in forcing the error for the goal. He pressed their centre back hard, when there was no need to, and that forced him to play a rushed pass back to the keeper and he kept pressing, this gave Tillman the chance to press with him and nick the ball, Colak was where he was purely due to incredibly hard work and excellent stamina an hour into a game in 28 degree heat.

Alfredo has advantages but his pressing has long frustrated me in Europe, especially when we aren't right on top of them, he doesn't have the stamina or pace to do what Colak did there. These are things that are hard to measure but pressure on centre backs interrupts their build-up, stops them being able to take their time to pick accurate long passes forward, and occasionally forces mistakes. Yes it was a mistake but it's laughable the way Celtic fans make out PSV simply gifted us the goal, this mistake was forced by some excellent pressing from two players, and Colak in particular who instigated the whole thing.

This is really perceptive. I remember a while ago a continental manager talking about 'pressing' and how the trick is knowing when to do it. His point being that no side can do it all the time, it takes too much energy and good sides pick when to do it. As DMAA has said we created the mistake, first Laurence closes down the blonde fullback, Kamara closes out his forward pass so he's forced to pass back to the centre half, Colak then closes the centre half forcing the pass to keeper, the only pass available as Kent and Tillman have moved up stopping a pass to the other centre back. The keeper should have punted it but he needed a touch because of the hurried pass to him and as Colak was sprinting onto him he had only one possible pass. Everyone knows what happened next. 

But DMAA is right, this was no accident, it was tactical and done really well, something I didn't fully appreciate watching the game live.