[FT] Celtic 4 - 0 Rangers

Just now, Rousseau said:

I've been moaning about GvB and our domestic form since he took over, yet we still manage to do well in Europe. 

I don't think we can make any assumptions about how Europe will go based on one game. 

we can rest players for European games now. 

1 minute ago, the gunslinger said:

We have something of an opportunity here to reinvent ourselves. We will come second but 1st looks beyond us. We clearly cant buy our way out of trouble like years gone past. 

We can use Lowrie,  McCrorie.  McCann, Tilman in his proper position. even Devine, Yilmaz or Matondo etc and concentrate on cups while getting players up to speed in the league. 

Mostly what we need to do is decide how we want to play and implement it. Doesn't have to be like celtc but certainly has to be more dynamic. 

Gio should be told to go and implement that. If he can't someone who can should be found. 

Never gonna happen. We (fans) are too impatient and we'd throw the kids under the bus. 

As usual with us, we look at ways to improve ourselves in retrospect. The time to have done this was back in 2013 onwards when we were playing in lower leagues and we would be reaping the rewards now. 

Instead Super Ally and the board singed greats like Ian Black, Jon Daly, Richard Foster (Christ the list is endlessd)

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

I've been moaning about GvB and our domestic form since he took over, yet we still manage to do well in Europe. 

I don't think we can make any assumptions about how Europe will go based on one game. 

This game was where we always going to find out about this squad (and theirs)

We took the sore one in Feburary, solutions had to be found.

They appear further away or the gap appears greater.

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

Never gonna happen. We (fans) are too impatient and we'd throw the kids under the bus. 

As usual with us, we look at ways to improve ourselves in retrospect. The time to have done this was back in 2013 onwards when we were playing in lower leagues and we would be reaping the rewards now. 

Instead Super Ally and the board singed greats like Ian Black, Jon Daly, Richard Foster (Christ the list is endlessd)

We give kids far more leeway than older players. 

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

We can assume that the managers and coacxhes of Ajax, Liverpool, and Napoli will be studying, and studying, that mismatch, and planning accordingly. 

3 minutes ago, buster. said:

It isn't winning the League and that is what matters above all.

It might win a Cup, who knows.

I can't see us finishing anywhere but bottom of our CL group, It is another level. 

Although I'd give us a better chance of finishing third in CLGp., than winning the league.

Agreed, but the big question is how can we go to places like Dortmund, Porto, Braga, Eindhoven and get fantastic results and performances, but can't do it at Dingwal, Paisley, Aberdeen and Parkead? 

55 apart, been same story since we got promoted to SPFL. Only difference under SG and Gio is our phenomenal progress in Europe. 

3 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

We have something of an opportunity here to reinvent ourselves. We will come second but 1st looks beyond us. We clearly cant buy our way out of trouble like years gone past. 

We can use Lowrie,  McCrorie.  McCann, Tilman in his proper position. even Devine, Yilmaz or Matondo etc and concentrate on cups while getting players up to speed in the league. 

Mostly what we need to do is decide how we want to play and implement it. Doesn't have to be like celtc but certainly has to be more dynamic. 

Gio should be told to go and implement that. If he can't someone who can should be found. 

Agreed. If we can't bring in better quality, then we need to see if it exists within, that means we give Lowry (when back from injury), McCann et al a proper run of games. The league is gone already and there's no fear of coming third, so if we want a proper player trading model then let's execute it properly and take a leaf out of Ajax's book. Only then might we take some positives from this season.  

1 minute ago, Uilleam said:

We can assume that the managers and coacxhes of Ajax, Liverpool, and Napoli will be studying, and studying, that mismatch, and planning accordingly. 

They may also study us dismantling Dortumd on their own patch, or us dispatching other European teams at Ibrox.