1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

Ross--Get Marcelo on the phone. Pronto.

Or Ralph Hassenhuttl. 

(I wanted Daniel Farke after SG left, but he's at 'Gladbach now and doing very well (they beat Dortmund 4-2 last night).)

Another one is the Maccabi Haifa manager. Don’t know much about him but has a strong CV. 

3 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

They won’t sack him. They are delusional. 

Not sacking him will be more to do with finance than delusion.  GvB has probably achieved most of the objectives set for him (Euro run and subsequent CL qualification).  

I think he'll still be in charge when the scum turn up and beat us in January, unfortunately. 

Edited by Gonzo79

39 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Not sacking him will be more to do with finance than delusion.  GvB has probably achieved most of the objectives set for him (Euro run and subsequent CL qualification).  

I think he'll still be in charge when the scum turn up and beat us in January, unfortunately. 

Judging the manager for his past financial achievements will only hinder future financial possibilities.

Taking away the finacial aspect, given the relatively short time Gio has been manager, what the board do during the winter-break is crucial for our medium-term future.

No matter If they truly believe Gio is the man to take us forward, or they decide ti sack him, they need to significantly back whoever is in charge during the January transfer window. 

Waiting until the end of the season to make the cull (on and off the pitch) will render next season  pointless as well. 

However, sticking or twisting now is a major gamble either way. 

What we need is stability, not changing the manager every 12 - 18 months.

Huge decisions for the board, but are they capable of making them? For me, they'll sit tight and hope and pray Gio can turn it around with little or no funding.

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Looks like Graham Potter might be available soon 🤷‍♂️😀

Shows changing the manager doesn't always guarantee an upturn in fortunes.

Rodgers looked a goner at Leicester not so long ago. However they stuck with him & he’s won again today. 
Moyes at West Ham now looks in most trouble 

My own view on the GvB situation is not to get rid off a manager until you’ve got his successor identified. Our previous on this has not always been great i.e. Pedro & Warburton 

Edited by RANGERRAB