20 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Would be unusual to hold a press conference to sack a manager would it not?

It'd be nearly as unusual as paying attention to Tweets by people looking for attention.   

There'll be no press conference tomorrow but the Tweeter will get new listeners on his Podcast.  

Edited by Gonzo79

7 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

One day you may actually work out what a DoF/Sporting Director what ever label used is and when you do you'll realise whilst the job title may change the job itself while remain in fact we should me more concerned if such a post were to vanish as it would be a regressive step. Every club that just walloped us in the CL has had a DoF/Sporting Director far longer than us.

Our biggest problem is in the

dugout (and perhaps the treatment room) not the Directors Box (despite what the baying masses may think).

Perhaps these other clubs you refer to have a DoF/Sporting director who is more competent than ours. One that wouldn’t let Morelos and Kent run down their contracts and leave for nothing or allow four CB’s to leave last summer and replace them with Souttar and fellow injury-prone defender Ben Davies. And don’t get me started on the goalkeeper debacle or other issues too

If GvB does go then who replaces him and will it be the DoF who gets the new guy in? And will this guy all of a sudden work miracles with the squad he inherits a very large number of whom are constantly picking up injuries. Others well past their best. And if the new guy doesn’t do any better will we bin him and get someone else in and start all over again? Meanwhile will the DoF still be in his position? See an issue here? I do

Finally, no issues in the board ? Not sure about that. Dave king seems to think so too. 

8 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Perhaps these other clubs you refer to have a DoF/Sporting director who is more competent than ours. One that wouldn’t let Morelos and Kent run down their contracts and leave for nothing or allow four CB’s to leave last summer and replace them with Souttar and fellow injury-prone defender Ben Davies. And don’t get me started on the goalkeeper debacle or other issues too

If GvB does go then who replaces him and will it be the DoF who gets the new guy in? And will this guy all of a sudden work miracles with the squad he inherits a very large number of whom are constantly picking up injuries. Others well past their best. And if the new guy doesn’t do any better will we bin him and get someone else in and start all over again? Meanwhile will the DoF still be in his position? See an issue here? I do

Finally, no issues in the board ? Not sure about that. Dave king seems to think so too. 

Dave King threatened to liquidate us if his loan wasn't repaid, John Bennent just loaned us over £10m at a rate 25% lower than what King charged, I know which one gets my vote.

Souttar was a relatively cheap gamble with the bonus of being Scottish we are always going to take punts like that some will work out others won't que sera sera.

It isn't a case of if GvB goes but when that's been clear for long enough. Clubs don't tend to change the FoF as often as they change manager that's part of the attraction of the system. The DoF will be part of process of appointing a new manager again that's part of the system.

Our injuries are appalling and my views of what's wrong there have been repeated many times, both the amount of injuries and the length of the subsequent recovery periods need to be at the bare minimum severely scrutinised and the required changes implemented asap as a priority. Our squad with a 90-95% availability is way good enough for Scottish football and should st the very least show up for European football.