[FT] Rangers 0 - 3 Napoli

I think Police Scotland will have asked for no away fans on Wednesday due to resources being heavily stretched. 

Given the unprecedented nature of the situation, you'd have hoped Napoli/UEFA would understand it's outwith the control of Rangers.  

Thing is, Ibrox will sell out but their Maradona stadium probably won't.  

14 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think Police Scotland will have asked for no away fans on Wednesday due to resources being heavily stretched. 

Given the unprecedented nature of the situation, you'd have hoped Napoli/UEFA would understand it's outwith the control of Rangers.  

Thing is, Ibrox will sell out but their Maradona stadium probably won't.  

That being the case it will just be full of rangers fans anyway but in a far more dangerous fashion. 

Edited by the gunslinger

8 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Can I just stick up a wee bit for Tannochsidebear here and say when UEFA/authorities suggested banning away fans at both fixtures, I'd definitely wager that our board did absolutely nothing to change this and try to get our fans, most of whom will have already booked flights and accommodation, into the match in Naples.  

They tend not to stick up for the average punter.  

Wager all you like but unless you actually know anything about what the board did, you're just another punter whistling out your arse.

21 minutes ago, Bill said:

Wager all you like but unless you actually know anything about what the board did, you're just another punter whistling out your arse.

I'm just going on percentages. I can think of no examples of the current custodians sticking up for the general fan base and they've had multiple opportunities.  

10 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'm just going on percentages. I can think of no examples of the current custodians sticking up for the general fan base and they've had multiple opportunities.  

Perhaps the wider support isn’t so needy?

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Tell that to everyone who's booked up for Naples or had their day trip flight to Amsterdam cancelled at the last minute.  

It's a pity things have turned out like this but I'm sure they'll cope with the disappointment without any contribution from me. If not then they could always try stamping their feet in the hope it makes some difference. Everyone has a choice.