[FT] Rangers 4 (Colak 4', 73'; Tavernier 30' pen; Sakala 90+1) - 0 St Mirren

Not sure of player availability until we hear from the manager later but I'd like to see the side freshened up for tomorrow with a few players 'rested'. Yilmaz now due a start, Sakala has earned one for a couple of decent cameos, Matondo needs games and Colak back in too please.

FedPVlbWAAEe2Bf?format=jpg&name=small

We do know that St Mirren will give us a tough game (ask Celtic) so it may be more likely the manager is less risk averse with changes which will mean we see Barisic, Lundstram and Kent again. Important we start the game well and crowd show patience. I'm looking forward to it!

Just go for it right from the start but don’t get nervy if you’re not three nil after twenty minutes. That’s the time to redouble your efforts. Keep something in reserve for the second half, though and never stop grinding away the whole game.

See, this coaching business is easy. No need to waste time at Largs.

They're in good form.  We should play the best available side.

It's mental but tomorrow's match is more important than the two 'battle of Britain' Champions League games either side of it.  

Just now, compo said:

Best be on our toes the buddies will be going for an old firm double 

All about getting the first goal and as early as possible.

An early goal could see this being another routine home win.

No goal by HT and it becomes one of those tricky and nervous games.

To get that goal we have to show real attacking intent from the word go, rather than repeated Horseshoe passing movements

I agree with Frankie that we need to freshen up the side with Sakala and Matondo but I would start Arfield instead of Tillman. I don't think the Bayern youngster is up for a fight against a physical opponent at a moment of low level/ confidence. Can't afford passengers for this one. At least Arfield gives you a real goal threat from midfield.

Less said about the midfield the better, it is a bit of a disaster area at the moment

Defence, King or Davies ?

Ridvan has a case but if you drop Kent, that would give you a experimental left side of pitch for opposition to target. So unless the Turk has been doing exceptional things in training, no reason to drop Barisic. That said, we have to look to start giving Yilmaz minutes as a sub.

Last week against the 3rd placed team. Hearts tactis suited us, we started well and it was relatively easy.

St.Mirren, the latest 3rd placed team will probably be more difficult to play against #LowBlock

24 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

They're in good form.  We should play the best available side.

It's mental but tomorrow's match is more important than the two 'battle of Britain' Champions League games either side of it.  

Agree on both points.

I would like to see Frankie's team but there is no chance Gio will play it. The CL is dead and buried already. I know that defeatist but its also realistic I think

Just now, Whosthedado said:

Agree on both points.

I would like to see Frankie's team but there is no chance Gio will play it. The CL is dead and buried already. I know that defeatist but its also realistic I think

Get the feeling that for Gio, it is about self preservation.

The CL is now about damage limitation. First priority is to avoid heavy defeats.

The way he setup against Dundee United showed how the three consecutive heavy defeats had got to him and despite a successful trial of a more adventrous setup against Ross County, it was back to type for the Arabs.

Hearts game was an outlier in the sense that Hearts set-up in a way that suited us. Tomorrow it is back to the low block.

Edited by buster.

Our biggest problem is our manager is a coward.  Concentrates more on not losing rather than winning.   with his constant selection of under achievers and his failing football philosophy were in a very sticky situation.   Last time I felt this way was under Paul Leguen.   I was at the St Johnstone game that finished him.   St Mirren are on a roll and will be a tough test for our spineless manager.   I expect  a disjointed midfield void of any imagination and guile and a bland tactical plan.   I just wonder if this game will be the straw that breaks Gios back.    And I'm very sad to say there's a part of me that hopes this will be the case.  It breaks my heart to watch the spineless dirge were getting served up off Vanbronchurst .  I just want him to go .  He's dragging us back into the abyss. 

2 hours ago, Frankie said:

Not sure of player availability until we hear from the manager later but I'd like to see the side freshened up for tomorrow with a few players 'rested'. Yilmaz now due a start, Sakala has earned one for a couple of decent cameos, Matondo needs games and Colak back in too please.

FedPVlbWAAEe2Bf?format=jpg&name=small

We do know that St Mirren will give us a tough game (ask Celtic) so it may be more likely the manager is less risk averse with changes which will mean we see Barisic, Lundstram and Kent again. Important we start the game well and crowd show patience. I'm looking forward to it!

Now that's a team I would look forward to seeing but it would take more positional discipline than I've seen so far.