[FT] Rangers 1 (Davis 9) - 0 Dundee

Tav is a talisman and our captain so I get neither he or the manager want to lose his usual vital contribution to the team. However, right now, he's not leading nor contributing effectively. I'm stunned Devine wasn't preferred last night.

8 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Tav is a talisman and our captain so I get neither he or the manager want to lose his usual vital contribution to the team. However, right now, he's not leading nor contributing effectively. I'm stunned Devine wasn't preferred last night.

I was surprised too, but in fairness, there was about 15 appearances in total between the other 3 of the back 4, so I could see the logic in keeping him there to coordinate things.  

Just now, stewarty said:

I was surprised too, but in fairness, there was about 15 appearances in total between the other 3 of the back 4, so I could see the logic in keeping him there to coordinate things.  

Like I say, I get wanting our captain on the park - makes sense, even if he's struggling for form. However, when he can't get back to offer defensive cover/instruction, leaving gaps as a result and can only take set pieces short, then that logic soon becomes illogical.

14 minutes ago, Frankie said:

The Sakala incident was very much handbags from both players. Their player kept Sakala's leg tangled to stop him getting up so he kicked out lightly to free himself. Never a red card.

Kerr rolled about cheating to get Sakala red carded but for once Collum took his time making his decision and correctly booked both players.

12 hours ago, Frankie said:

The Sakala incident was very much handbags from both players. Their player kept Sakala's leg tangled to stop him getting up so he kicked out lightly to free himself. Never a red card.

Kerr rolled about like he was badly injired,which indicated he wasn't,and got up quick enough when seeing Sakala was not getting a red.Cheating in the highest degree and worthy of compliance officer intervention.

13 hours ago, Rousseau said:

We need a new fitness coach. 

And a set-piece coach. 

And a new coach. 

I'm struggling to fathom whether its actual fitness levels or players that simply can't be arsed to play for the manager, probably a but of both. Either should be cause for alarm.