Miami investor still keen to buy stake in Rangers

7 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

I think we definitely need new blood in the boardroom and an injection of funds.  For me this rests on whether it is hostile or not.  After the horrific experiences of 10 years ago I am wary.  What guarantees are there that we won't be duped again?

I think perhaps if people want to protect thier investments then looking for individuals who can add value in terms of decision making and strategy to move the club forward would help. Some might argue that's Ross Wilson and Stewart Robertson. However I don't think either of them hired a dud off the back of a nice PowerPoint from one of thier mates who just happens to be a football agent. 

It's fairly clear Rangers would benefit from appropriate new faces on the board. Every team needs freshened up periodically but it would be grossly unfair to suggest the current board hasn't made a very significant contribution to the club's recovery. I hope no Rangers fans will forget that and any campaign of criticism of Parks/Bennett/etc would be embarrassing.

There's more than a hint of the club standing still at the moment and it's simply time to energise and move forward again. Which is why its so disappointing to see the visceral reluctance among some fans to contemplate new investors. Without new blood with skin in the game I think the likely outcome will be more stagnation.

32 minutes ago, Bill said:

There's more than a hint of the club standing still at the moment and it's simply time to energise and move forward again. Which is why its so disappointing to see the visceral reluctance among some fans to contemplate new investors. Without new blood with skin in the game I think the likely outcome will be more stagnation.

Skin in the game is the key, isn’t it? 

2 hours ago, Bill said:

It's fairly clear Rangers would benefit from appropriate new faces on the board. Every team needs freshened up periodically but it would be grossly unfair to suggest the current board hasn't made a very significant contribution to the club's recovery. I hope no Rangers fans will forget that and any campaign of criticism of Parks/Bennett/etc would be embarrassing.

Rather depends on who the potential investor(s) is/are, what you can learn about them and common sense.

If you smell a rat then visceral reluctance is the way to go. 

What is more important is what the major shareholders do if interest is shown.

24 minutes ago, buster. said:

Rather depends on who the potential investor(s) is/are, what you can learn about them and common sense.

You probably won’t believe this but stating the bleeding obvious adds nothing to the debate. 

25 minutes ago, buster. said:

If you smell a rat then visceral reluctance is the way to go. 

It’s a good job we have your magnificent nose on the job. Care to share your insights?

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Why would people with no connection to the club invest in Rangers?

With English/Italian football, there's the prestige and 'sportswashing' side of it.  In Scotland, what's to be gained?

Money. Obviously she sees a way to make money from us, it certainly will not be for the clubs benefit.

3 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

Money. Obviously she sees a way to make money from us, it certainly will not be for the clubs benefit.

Aye, a little info and common sense.....As it was with Whyte and Green&Co.

Amazing how many look past the bleeding obvious.