Miami investor still keen to buy stake in Rangers

1 minute ago, Bluedell said:

Point 1 - so what? King is sniping because he wants his money back and there's been a fall-out along the way but that's always going to happen with business owners with massive egos

The head of the nail well and truly struck.

I agreed with the rest of the analysis except the bit about the US Court case. Rangers abandoned it. No reference to the other side undertaking not to use the logo so that suggests Rangers got out before things went badly. No reference to expenses. None due to or by either party would be an draw, I suppose.

6 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

I agreed with the rest of the analysis except the bit about the US Court case. Rangers abandoned it.

But no one knows why Rangers dropped the lawsuit .... or even why they raised it in the first place. 

Rangers needs investment if it is to achieve financial stability and reach the effective end of its recovery phase. That much is abundantly clear. It's also beyond doubt that 13 years is long enough to know that the investment the club needs is not coming from a massively-wealthy supporter from Govan. Any investment at the level we need is going to come from elsewhere and almost certainly from private equity organisations of one form or another.

So here's the deal as I see it. Either accept the status quo and stop whining about the lack of progress ... or open your minds to investment and probable change of controlling ownership from outside the realm of Scottish football. Sure, we're all spooked by the experience of 2012 but I believe what we have today is the best it's going to be unless the club takes financial steps to fuel further improvement. There's clearly risk either way because the current shareholders may not wish to bear this burden forever.

Investment is the only way out of this corner we are currently in. What do us Bluenoses want in the near future. Some want a new manager (not me), Some want the stadium made larger, some want the team overhauled (me), we all want to be in a position to compete with big european clubsWhatever you want to see costs money and our board will not, or cannot fund it. The alternative to no investment is more scary to me. 

11 hours ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

Investment is the only way out of this corner we are currently in. What do us Bluenoses want in the near future. Some want a new manager (not me), Some want the stadium made larger, some want the team overhauled (me), we all want to be in a position to compete with big european clubsWhatever you want to see costs money and our board will not, or cannot fund it. The alternative to no investment is more scary to me. 

Chasing the European dream by throwing cash you don't have at it has been done before. It doesn't end well.

Right now, we are struggling to find enough cash to chase the Scottish title.

For a generation, we've become accustomed for the club to run at a substantial loss. 

To be sustainable comes with the pain of operating within a budget but the comfort of knowing the club is safe.

1 hour ago, buster. said:

Chasing the European dream by throwing cash you don't have at it has been done before. It doesn't end well.

Right now, we are struggling to find enough cash to chase the Scottish title.

For a generation, we've become accustomed for the club to run at a substantial loss. 

To be sustainable comes with the pain of operating within a budget but the comfort of knowing the club is safe.

I’d say we are start to get things right regards are structural model i.e. the Ajax model where we develop players and sell them on. Paterson, Bassey & Aribo all sold

For as long as we’re in the SPFL that will need to continue. 

Any outside investment will want a say in the running of the club. That could be problematic 

4 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I’d say we are start to get things right regards are structural model i.e. the Ajax model where we develop players and sell them on. Paterson, Bassey & Aribo all sold

For as long as we’re in the SPFL that will need to continue. 

Any outside investment will want a say in the running of the club. That could be problematic 

The board have very much got the right ideas but in part, uncontrollable circumstances have made it more complicated.

Then there is the nature of football. Form, injuries, mistakes, poor judgement, bad recruitment, etc. 

Then of course there is our main rival, who are financially ahead of us and turned round what was an implosion to title win within 12 months. We should have consolidated on 55 and got on top for several seasons but we let it slip too easily. They won't.

To reverse our, what is becoming an implosion will be more challenging due to budget. 

It is a time when asset strippers might see an opportunity.

3 hours ago, buster. said:

Then of course there is our main rival, who are financially

They had more than 10 years to stay financially ahead of us but kept bombing in Europe and now they crow on about being in CL.Ah well we at least were their beneficiaries!!!!