[FT] Rangers 4 (Colak 27'; Lundstram 45+3'; Tavernier 51'; Morelos 85') - 1 Aberdeen

What do our players think about when actually getting into the opposition box with the ball?

Maybe it is some kind of game to see how many passes we can manage.

A particular favourite was in the second half where several passes were made before finding poor Fashion Jr to shoot it in the direction of the corner flag.

12 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Quite exciting.

Some great play and some really frustrating play.

Just imagine what we could do if we had some players that could actually play football.

We do and they showed it today. Like Hearts away many Rangers fans were predicting a heavy defeat. 

Sands, Davies, King, Lundstrum, Colak, Tillman, Fashion and Kent all played well today. 

But for a few blocks and goal-lime clearances, we'd have scored 7 or 8 today. 

6 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Like Hearts away many Rangers fans were predicting a heavy defeat

I’m a Gio critic but if anyone actually did predict a heavy defeat to the SPFL dross like Aberdeen they need their heads checked.

Most of the more negative predictions were we were in for another tough watch, like Livi and Dundee, which was understandable.  Never saw anyone predicting a heavy defeat.

Much better today.  More of that, please.  

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

When you are so, so desperate to create a rivalry that just hasn't existed since the late 80s (if it ever had).

However this got into the stadium is totally beyond me? Do people just walk through the turnstiles up there?

Edited by der Berliner

39 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Sands, Davies, King, Lundstrum, Colak, Tillman, Fashion and Kent all played well today

It's good you mentioned Ryan Kent. I hesitated to do so but you're absolutely right, he did have a good game. He's been rightly criticised recently but he never hid from the ball, always made himself available and his work rate was notches up from recent games. I just wish we could see him play with the same freedom and self-confidence of Fashion Jr.

35 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I’m a Gio critic but if anyone actually did predict a heavy defeat to the SPFL dross like Aberdeen they need their heads checked.

Let's be honest, if we'd dropped points today the anger would have been fairly volcanic but almost no one would be expressing undue surprise. That was such an important win today - not just because it gives us three points and keeps us in touch but because after recent poor results another defeat would have thrown the club into compete disarray. A decent win provides some breathing space and gives everyone some hope that things might yet improve.