[FT] Rangers 4 (Colak 27'; Lundstram 45+3'; Tavernier 51'; Morelos 85') - 1 Aberdeen

8 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Having watched some highlights from yesterday, I am wondering why the Aberdeen goal was allowed to stand?

Lopes clearly dives to try and get a penalty, but ref waves play on and Aberdeen score. Game should have been stopped, Lopes booked and Rangers awarded a free-kick. 

Highlights also showed how good our forward play was, especially at the goals. Also, what a tackle from King on Lopes (on halfway line) when he tried to breakaway.

he also shrugged off Tav late in the game only for king to tackle him superbly. 

Edited by the gunslinger

Tillman and Ridvan showed some spark and intelligence that we last saw with Hagi and Lowry, and to an extent Lawrence too. Having these on the field with Colak, Roofe and Sakala might well be a sight to behold. Let's hope we have most of them back after the WC break. 

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

Tillman and Ridvan showed some spark and intelligence that we last saw with Hagi and Lowry, and to an extent Lawrence too. Having these on the field with Colak, Roofe and Sakala might well be a sight to behold. Let's hope we have most of them back after the WC break. 

lol, he was on the pitch for 8 minutes.  Borna gets some amount of abuse, seems to be the new whipping boy (not from you specifically, but the support in general) yet he actually played really well on Saturday and, indeed, created our 3rd to make the game safe.

On 30/10/2022 at 07:09, CammyF said:

Didn't Gio say replacing Davies was more of a precaution? We'll see on Tuesday I suppose.

Yilmaz look good for the short time he was on the pitch, but I thought Borna played well when he replaced Yilmaz. 

Exactly mate - Borna gets far too much stick.  No surprise that he had a good game in a match where Kent actually looked like he was working harder.

IMO Borna gets far too much unjustified abuse. I urge fans to watch when he gets the ball how little movement there is upfront and in midfield with no one willing to come short thus why he keeps needing to turn back. That did change on Saturday though as the teams movement in general was way better. 

3 minutes ago, craig said:

Exactly mate - Borna gets far too much stick.  No surprise that he had a good game in a match where Kent actually looked like he was working harder.

Sorry, but much of it is deserved. He defends like the guy running at him has a knife. Does he know you are allowed to put a tackle in. Sick of watching him let people run into our box unopposed. He also has a bad habit of getting his head stuck down after a mistake. His role in our recent capitulations at Sharkhead cant be ignored.

If people want to ignore that and call him a whipping boy or whatever then that's fine. The evidence is clear to see. 

On 29/10/2022 at 16:13, ranger_syntax said:

Really just Čolak and Tillman, from the list you mentioned, that played well.

Kent was terrible. Sakala was also quite poor. The rest were just ok.

Sounds like this result has papered over a few cracks.

You and I watched a different game them mate.  But that is the beauty of the game - it is all about differing opinions.  Thought Davies was solid when on the pitch, Lomg gave them barely anything, Sands played well in both roles (I actually think he CAN play the DM role as he reads the game well - but if we play him there then we don't need another alongside him - interestingly, him playing in there allowed Lundstram to play further forward and get his goal), Sakala always looks ungainly but he caused them havoc.  

36 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Sorry, but much of it is deserved. He defends like the guy running at him has a knife. Does he know you are allowed to put a tackle in. Sick of watching him let people run into our box unopposed. He also has a bad habit of getting his head stuck down after a mistake. His role in our recent capitulations at Sharkhead cant be ignored.

If people want to ignore that and call him a whipping boy or whatever then that's fine. The evidence is clear to see. 

We will need to agree to disagree.  Like it or not, Borna has been one of our best performers this season, if no the best.  Best of a bad bunch ?  Perhaps.  But better than plenty others who get a fraction of the abuse he gets.  Tavernier, for example, goes backwards fairly often too - and yet there are nowhere near the same howls of derision that Borna gets.  Does Tav put a tackle in ?  He certainly didnt when he spewed Livi's goal last week...... yet, interestingly, I don't see quote the same furore over Tavernier from many of our fanbase.

And, yes, I would call that being a whipping boy.