[FT] Rangers 4 (Colak 27'; Lundstram 45+3'; Tavernier 51'; Morelos 85') - 1 Aberdeen

5 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Is it just our club who have this amount of long-term injured players? 

I genuinely don't know but the fact is I have no interest in other clubs. What I'd like to know is how this trends at Rangers, both in terms of absolute money and as a percentage of paid salaries. That might provide some kind of metric on recruitment and injury management.

Edited by Bill

To be honest, I've no idea what rabbit Gio will put from the hat tomorrow personnel wise but I assume he'll stick with the 4-1-4-1 we've used of late but will surely have to change some of those who started the other night. Yilmaz should keep his place with Colak back up front.

FgKRL8-XEAMw5-n?format=jpg&name=large

Will he really drop Kent or the likes of Tav? I'm not so sure but at some point their below par (and that's being kind) performances have to result in a spell out the side. It may be King is rotated out for Sands and I'd expect a good period of the game for Lowry.

13 minutes ago, Bill said:

I genuinely don't know but the fact is I have no interest in other clubs. What I'd like to know is how this trends at Rangers, both in terms of absolute money and as a percentage of paid salaries. That might provide some kind of metric on recruitment and injury management.

Yeah valid points but would be interested to see how our figures / injured players relates to other teams as might help us identify where the problems lie (,buying injured players, incorrect training regimes, bad luck etc)

14 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Yeah valid points but would be interested to see how our figures / injured players relates to other teams as might help us identify where the problems lie (,buying injured players, incorrect training regimes, bad luck etc)

To achieve any useful comparison between clubs you would first have to normalise the huge number of factors at play and that's just unrealistic. I think all you can hope to achieve with this kind of analysis is an appreciation of the extent of the problem and our direction of travel.

22 minutes ago, CammyF said:

We have played a heck of a lot of games over the past few years with a squad full of players who need game time managed. This injury situation was inevitable. Both for the guys who are injury prone and the guys who play every game. Law of averages catch up with Goldson/Tav etc

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I wonder how much money Rangers spends in a year, on a week by week basis, on the salaries of player who are injured or otherwise not available?

Ofoborh, Helander, Hagi, Roofe, Jack, Goldson, Souttar, Morelos, etc, etc.

And how is this trending over time?

I've no idea how you would access this sort of information but I imagine the sums are eyewatering.

Contrast with SG's staff  would be stark.

Total Days lost to injury.

Sometimes, doing things on the relative cheap turns out expensive.

Edited by buster.

19 minutes ago, buster. said:

Weren't Jack and Roofe operated on (taking longer) so as to rid them of their constant repeat injuries.

Or was it somebody else?

Don't know if they had operations (I assume so) but their comebacks were supposedly managed/delayed to avoid them breaking down again.