[FT] Rangers 4 (Colak 27'; Lundstram 45+3'; Tavernier 51'; Morelos 85') - 1 Aberdeen

I think a detailed breakdown of available vs unavailable time, converted to £value by applying actual salary levels, would show a true picture of "value for money" for each player, independent of how individuals perform on the park. 

It would certainly show objectively the effectiveness of our recruitment operation.

49 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

He knows what? The board wont sack him any time soon.

It’s much more important than that. He knows he’s failing and doesn’t have the answers. 

7 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Brace yourself for this shocking news..

Are you sitting down?

Gio has announced..

Roofe is injured..

Shocking I know.

What? Seriously?

The guy played like 20 minutes.

21 minutes ago, Bill said:

It’s much more important than that. He knows he’s failing and doesn’t have the answers. 

That, combined with the probable lack of action from the board, is deflating...to put it mildly. 

8 hours ago, Bill said:

I wonder how much money Rangers spends in a year, on a week by week basis, on the salaries of player who are injured or otherwise not available?

Ofoborh, Helander, Hagi, Roofe, Jack, Goldson, Souttar, Morelos, etc, etc.

And how is this trending over time?

I've no idea how you would access this sort of information but I imagine the sums are eyewatering.

Somewhat unfair to lump Goldson into that list Bill. He's hardly missed a game for Rangers in 4 years until now. I get your point though. Eyewatering is an understatement.