[FT] Rangers 4 (Colak 27'; Lundstram 45+3'; Tavernier 51'; Morelos 85') - 1 Aberdeen

25 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Somewhat unfair to lump Goldson into that list Bill. He's hardly missed a game for Rangers in 4 years until now. I get your point though. Eyewatering is an understatement.

I get your point but everyone should really be included. 

1 hour ago, compo said:

Hopefully we will get a good game of football served up today 

Aye, but a turgid 1-0 win will ultimately go down better than a thrilling 3-3 draw.

Stating the bleeding obvious but Gio will be prioritising the points. Although, you wonder if he'll reach the fcuk it, just go for it stage one day.

I remember in Walter's second spell after a November defeat at Aberdeen. Big meeting with players and they decided to be more adventurous in their play. Everyone bought into it and the following six league games in December, we won scoring 3,3,3,6,4,7 in the respective games.

That was a team who had thrilled us in September with three league games on the bounce ending 0-0.

Edited by buster.

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

Aye, but a turgid 1-0 win will ultimately go down better than a thrilling 3-3 draw.

Stating the bleeding obvious but Gio will be prioritising the points. Although, you wonder if he'll reach the fcuk it, just go for it stage one day.

I remember in Walter's second spell after a November defeat at Aberdeen. Big meeting with players and they decided to be more adventurous in their play. Everyone bought into it and the following six league games in December, we won scoring 3,3,3,6,4,7 in the respective games.

That was a team who had thrilled us in September with three league games on the bounce ending 0-0.

I don't think he knows how.

5 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I don't think he knows how.

I think it more that too many players don't...

- buy into it

- understand it

- have appropriate skill set

- are fit enough to function

- combination of above 

Delete as appropriate 

Edited by buster.

15 minutes ago, buster. said:

I think it more that too many players don't...

- buy into it

- understand it

- have appropriate skill set

- are fit enough to function

- combination of above 

Delete as appropriate 

Delete them all. All those points come after a manager actually having the ability to implement it. 

I've seen nothing in his time with us, or prior (Feyenoord, China) to suggest he knows how. 

Kemar Roofe is IMHO the most lethal striker we have at Ibrox, even though Colak is now running him close. Alfredo seriously needs to get himself back to fitness and sharpness - yet is a totally different sort of striker. Like Colak, Roofe is primarily a true centre-forward and really mean in the box. Whatever the injuries are (the current one is seemingly not a recurrence of his previous), he sure doesn't like being sidelined. And I might be mistaken, but I would assume that insurances cover most of his costs while he's injured?

Wee reminder ...