[FT] St Mirren 1 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 84 pen)

I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect that. We're down to the bare bones and players lack confidence but the lack of quality throughout is all too obvious. Set-pieces perhaps the most obvious example of where there's no coaching input (or it's ignored). Gio et al have to go.

It's worth noting though I lack any sort of faith in a variety of players so I'm unconvinced a change of manager will see anything other than a short bounce. The replacement key of course but more important is a clear out personnel wise which will require funds and imagination.

That means a reliance on a scouting network which has changed over the last 6-12 months and a Sporting Director that has to take his fair share of criticism for being unable to organise a squad worthy of competing this season. Not to mention a board many fans no longer trust.

All things considered, we're in a bad place and the title this season looks beyond us. However, if we're to change manager, there won't be a better time to do it and we can use this season to build for next. But, be clear about that. Offer realism and clarity, not uncertainity.