[2022] Who should be the next Rangers manager?

Who should be the next Rangers manager?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Rangers manager?

• Sean Dyche
    • Mick Beale
    • Steven Gerrard
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Kevin Muscat
    • Rino Gattuso
    • David Martindale
    • Domenico Tedesco
    • Peter Bosz
    • Kjetil Knutsen
    • Barak Bakhar
    • Other (name in thread)

This poll is closed to new votes

Not overly convinced by Beale as new manager but the list of alternatives is hardly appealing. Relationship with Wilson and recruitment now going to be key. Importantly, can Beale get more out of players that had begun to look demotivated under him and Gerrard previously?

On the other hand, perhaps Beale (and a new coaching team's) influence may be greater than that of Gerrard who had looked similarly disinterested? Cannot underestimate how vital this appointment and player recruitment is for the medium/longer term aspirations of the club.

Well it looks like Beale is the man.

I have confidence in him, I'm 100% sure we will have games where we will have the horseshoe and pointless crossing into the box but I cant see us being as slow and ponderous at times. He has been here and won the league. Will be interested to know what and who will make up his coaching staff. Rumours of Culshaw coming back which if true is welcome. NO MORE FLOATY OUTSWINGERS PLS. Also interesting to see what he can do as his own man and what kind of backing the board can give him. 

I'd personally be listening to offers for anyone, that includes Tav and Goldson. I'm not sure the player trading model works having your highest paid players having little resale value. Letting him go and get his own players in. The dressing room needs gutted.

Perhaps the likes of Knutsen and Seaone were never an option. Who knows. All that matters is that the man is willing to come and take on the challenge. Without that there is no point discussing names.

4 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Not overly convinced by Beale as new manager but the list of alternatives is hardly appealing. Relationship with Wilson and recruitment now going to be key. Importantly, can Beale get more out of players that had begun to look demotivated under him and Gerrard previously?

On the other hand, perhaps Beale (and a new coaching team's) influence may be greater than that of Gerrard who had looked similarly disinterested? Cannot underestimate how vital this appointment and player recruitment is for the medium/longer term aspirations of the club.

Was looking at the field in the bookmakers yesterday and the field was more like the donkey derby as opposed to the Epsom derby 

Just now, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I'd personally be listening to offers for anyone, that includes Tav and Goldson. I'm not sure the player trading model works having your highest paid players having little resale value. Letting him go and get his own players in. The dressing room needs gutted.

This is the hill I'm prepared to die on... I think Tav in particular is great and his contribution has been incredible, but him and Goldson have been key first team players under multiple managers now and those teams have exhibited the same weaknesses, flaws and character traits time after time.

I wouldn't be gutted to see them both move on as its the very definition of doing the same thing time and time again and expecting a different result.

3 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Well it looks like Beale is the man.

I have confidence in him, I'm 100% sure we will have games where we will have the horseshoe and pointless crossing into the box but I cant see us being as slow and ponderous at times. He has been here and won the league. Will be interested to know what and who will make up his coaching staff. Rumours of Culshaw coming back which if true is welcome. NO MORE FLOATY OUTSWINGERS PLS. Also interesting to see what he can do as his own man and what kind of backing the board can give him. 

Perhaps the likes of Knutsen and Seaone were never an option. Who knows. All that matters is that the man is willing to come and take on the challenge. Without that there is no point discussing names.

The horseshoe stuff is a bit of a red herring.

When you have >70% of possession and territory in most domestic games, going backwards to go forward is inevitable when facing low blocks. However, that makes set-pieces and forward play all the more important. And for whatever reason our set-pieces this season have been woeful - genuinely utterly terrible and totally devoid of any sort of quality, belief or imagination.

Add in our fixation with buying quick wingers with next to to skillset and having no attackers with any real aerial prowess then is it any wonder we can't play through or physically outfight teams? Add in our incredibly slow use of the ball, then we can't even match Celtic's tempo or work-rate which usually wins them games under similar circumstances.

Beale should be aware of all this which is his main advantage. 

12 hours ago, rbr said:

That Canadian manager certainly knows how to set a team up , and play attacking football , superb tonight , and they won their group above , USA and Mexico .

Did you know he was promoted from the womens team?

Imagine us appointing someone like that? There'd be a riot!

Like appointing Emma Hayes. 

11 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

All that matters is that the man is willing to come and take on the challenge.

I disagree.  There will be lots of managers who would be willing to come and take on the challenge. 

I think the board have lazily went with tried and tested.