The Winter 2022/23 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

2 hours ago, craig said:

lol.  Hardly an unknown given he made his debut for Birmingham slightly older than Jude, and had been involved in matchday squads since he was 15.... and that Dortmund have already been sniffing around him I highly doubt we would have a great deal of chance in getting him.

Yeah and Birmingham are just gonna let him join Rangers (or any other team for that matter) on loan.

As you say Craig, his potential is well know within the game and weirdly, he'll probably end up at Dortmund when Jude leaves for Real or Liverpool.

6 hours ago, CammyF said:

I think it's more down to Soutar and Helander not being reliable. 

I’d doubt if we’ll see Helander playing again for Rangers. His contract expires at the end of this season.

As for Souttar I think least said the better. Handing him a contract with his injury record was madness 

15 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Lille, he was flying at the time to be fair i think but we could have brought in 3-4 with that money, 16 million Euro i think the Lille president confirmed on Talksport we knocked back. I think we as a club need to get into a mindset that if a good offer comes in for a player we sell regardless of form. No player is irreplaceable. 

We will take hits on the likes of Morelos, Kent and Kamara. Aribo, Patterson and Bassey were great examples of how we should do it. 

In the recent AGM, Ross Wilson said the club only received one bid for Morelos.

French or Chinese ?

6 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Given we're out the title race, I don't see the point in loans. Best to develop/coach our own players. 

Very much so.

Devine should get a run of games at RB and Tav should be told to sort his body out.

Lowry is our player, Tillman would take a significant chunk of any transfer budget. Give AL a chance.

Sands is just an obvious NO.

Day 4 of the transfer window and now 38 days since Beale took over and still no additions to the squad. Our rivals, who really dont need to strengthen at all in this window, have already brought in 3 players, one of whom has already made their debut.

Anyone still think Ross Wilson is the right man for the job?

Only loans we should be going for are loan to buy deals like Tillman, Hagi and Steve Davis first time round.

The Billy Gilmour stuff is not happening his uncle said on a few podcasts now. Plus he is on more than our highest paid player supposedly.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats