The Winter 2022/23 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

3 hours ago, Devil's advocaat said:

No thanks. I'd far rather Rangers were ran properly, with some level of fan involvement than become yet another plaything, a soulless shell of a club, like some of those in the EPL.

Personally, given that choice, I agree with you. However it comes with a price ... that we may well remain an Espanyol of Glasgow.

6 hours ago, Bill said:

Personally, given that choice, I agree with you. However it comes with a price ... that we may well remain an Espanyol of Glasgow.

What that would do is make it much easier for the next billionaire from Motherwell to win over most of the support with empty promises.

As you aluded to, we are lucky to have the likes of Park and Bennet and we should remember what we were saying about priorities a few years ago. It is a difficult place / situation for the board to be in and the efforts to grow the business and revenue are as comprehensive as they have ever been. That comes with or produces a feeling that a support is being squeezed until the pips shoot out, but that is where things are. Looking ahead, I don't see that as sustainable as the general economic situation shrinks. That said, it will be a problem for all teams.  

It is all a bit of a squeeze. Our squad mgmt. is very much that, trying to squeeze value out of quality players who we can recruit because they are damaged in some way. 

I said it in the summer.

Honesty and Communication are required.

Was hoping a deal could be completed before this weekend but looks like it may now be a last minute thing as both clubs attempt to maximise their side of the already supposedly agreed pre-contract.

Whittaker not out of contract until 2025 but may also be done late in the window.

A pity we've not been able to do more business ahead of next week but I guess every penny is a prisoner.

13 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Was hoping a deal could be completed before this weekend but looks like it may now be a last minute thing as both clubs attempt to maximise their side of the already supposedly agreed pre-contract.

Whittaker not out of contract until 2025 but may also be done late in the window.

A pity we've not been able to do more business ahead of next week but I guess every penny is a prisoner.

Hopefully Standard see sense. £2m and a % of a future sale is not reasonable if we have agreed a bosman. From a fans perspective, I really hope we get this squad strengthened for the second half of the season though. Beale can’t keep up this form with the current guys.

Aye, it's all a bit depressing.   

Then there's European clubs wearing special Chinese New Year kits and tracksuit tops.  Whole thing seems to be geared towards TV/Asia whilst people who attend matches don't matter a jot.  

4 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Hopefully Standard see sense. £2m and a % of a future sale is not reasonable if we have agreed a bosman. From a fans perspective, I really hope we get this squad strengthened for the second half of the season though. Beale can’t keep up this form with the current guys.

They will get nothing for him if he leaves in 6 months and they need to keep paying him. Its madness. I'd take 2 million and a sell on right now for Morelos who will play for us. Its a totally unreasonable ask. Dont even think they have anything to play for in the league either.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Aye, it's all a bit depressing.   

Then there's European clubs wearing special Chinese New Year kits and tracksuit tops.  Whole thing seems to be geared towards TV/Asia whilst people who attend matches don't matter a jot.  

Will soon be mandatory for every EPL club to include one Chinese player in the starting line up,  regardless of ability.

2 hours ago, JohnMc said:

The Americanisation of sport in Europe is well underway

Frustratingly the US based companies are buying up clubs all over Europe (standard liege being another good example funnily enough). The more clubs they buy the more say they have in how the game is run. Especially when they are buying multiple clubs and following a 'city group' or red bull model. Actually painful thinking about the direction football is headed.