Scotland women's team make legal challenge to SFA over pay

1 hour ago, onevision said:

Pay them a percentage of the gate money.

This is the bottom line.

As a professional sportsman or woman, your income depends on how many people want to watch.

It may well be just as hard work to be a top (field) hockey player as a top footballer, but you don't get paid as much because of the lower gates and viewing figures.

It may well be just as hard work to be a top badminton player as a top tennis player, but you don't get paid as much because of the lower gates and viewing figures.

And it may well be just as hard work to be a top women's footballer as a top men's footballer, but you don't get paid as much because of the lower gates and viewing figures.

Edited by Thinker

39 minutes ago, Thinker said:

This is the bottom line.

As a professional sportsman or woman, your income depends on how many people want to watch.

It may well be just as hard work to be a top (field) hockey player as a top footballer, but you don't get paid as much because of the lower gates and viewing figures.

It may well be just as hard work to be a top badminton player as a top tennis player, but you don't get paid as much because of the lower gates and viewing figures.

And it may well be just as hard work to be a top women's footballer as a top men's footballer, but you don't get paid as much because of the lower gates and viewing figures.

Ladies and gentlemen (and all the other genders), here we have 'The Patriarchy' in action. 

I'm joking, I think.  😀

I listened to a radio show this morning urging the Scottish Government to get involved in the issue. The female contributor was  certain the First Minister would have strong views on the matter?

It got me thinking; why don't we ask the First Minister's sister, Gillian to intervene and arbitrate?

Gillian is an on-line Clairvoyant, her preferred means of engaging her sixth sense is with mystic crystals and Tarot Cards. Gillian will save everyone loads of angst and, while she is at it, she can see ahead to next summer and advise Cal-Mac on printing their summer Ferries sailing schedule.

Nicola and Gillian - sisters doing it for themselves.

1 hour ago, 26th of foot said:

I listened to a radio show this morning urging the Scottish Government to get involved in the issue. The female contributor was  certain the First Minister would have strong views on the matter?

It got me thinking; why don't we ask the First Minister's sister, Gillian to intervene and arbitrate?

Gillian is an on-line Clairvoyant, her preferred means of engaging her sixth sense is with mystic crystals and Tarot Cards. Gillian will save everyone loads of angst and, while she is at it, she can see ahead to next summer and advise Cal-Mac on printing their summer Ferries sailing schedule.

Nicola and Gillian - sisters doing it for themselves.

Old news mate. She’s chucked the psychic stuff. Still a psycho mind you. Now she’s punting some weight loss pills or something. A real Facebook maw.

5 hours ago, Bill said:

The best arrangement all round might be to do away with mens and women international teams in Scotland. Save any dispute about who 's getting the best deal.

I’d be going down the separate entity route. SWFA. Problem solved, good luck standing on your own two feet. 

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

I’d be going down the separate entity route. SWFA. Problem solved, good luck standing on your own two feet. 

Well the men's teams certainly doesn't stand very tall so maybe all the women need is the same amount of "luck"